Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

WordPress site development question

apex2000
Trust:

WordPress site development question

Hope this is the correct forum for this question. Apologies if not.

I am about to sign up for the AffiloBlueprint package, and would like to know how you do the WordPress web site development during the course?

Is it done 'live' on the actual web site, or do you advise doing the development locally after installing WAMP?
apex2000
Trust:
Two days already and no answer?

Come on guys, give a newbie a hand, please.
haeusslern
Trust:
Can not access my website via affilotheme wp admin link. It shows am link to another site. Please advise.

Thank you,

Nancy
esolutions
Trust:
Hi,

With new sites, it is fine to do the setup on the "live" site as no one is looking at it yet anyways. No need for making it more complicated.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

cecille.l
Trust:
Hi apex2000,

I apologize for the delay in responding to your thread. We currently do not have support over the weekends.

Esolutions is correct. Everything is done one the live site. Some "techie" members can choose to set up their site on a testing server first, or if you have your site hosted on Affilotheme Lite Hosting, you can choose to work on the site while it is on Staging mode. But for most, everything is done live.

@haeusslern

Hi Nancy,

Please email us with your site URL through the contact form in our support page so we can look further into the issue.

Hope to hear from you soon.
=============

Hope that helps. All the best!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

haeusslern
Trust:
Hi Cecille,

I already did on sunday, have not gotten any reply. Are they not working on weekends as well?

Thank you,

Nancy
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Thanks for patiently waiting.

You can reset your password by clicking on the "Lost your password?" link on the wp-admin log in page.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

haeusslern
Trust:
I'v been having issues with wordpress, when I change and save the theme template it doesn't want to upload to website. It keeps the same header that I would like to eliminate. I un boxed all checkmarks and it still gives me the same result. Please advise.

Thank you,

Nancy
sam9
Trust:
Hello, I'm new at this but I do know how to work with Wordpress, Dreamweaver, or just plain old html in Notepad++.

My question is, how do I know if I should build a website or use Wordpress? It seems I would have more flexibility with my ads if I design my own pages rather than use Wordpress. Is that true? I need to have a whole set of different ads come up on every page in order to keep them relevant to the service or product I'm promoting. Does anyone have any advice in the area? Thanks in advance, Sam
PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
@sam9

This is a new topic. Therefore, according to good netiquette, you should start your own new thread, not "piggyback" on someone else's.

That said, the reasons I prefer WordPress are many. Much like you, I'm expert in Dreamweaver, HTML and CSS.

1. Develop sites in 1/2 the time (and for client projects, 1/2 the cost).

2. Almost anything you can imagine can be done using one of the thousands of WordPress plugins (even stuff you wouldn't know how to do in a static site)

3. If you learn PHP and edit your WordPress theme's CSS, and also use inline CSS in your posts and pages, you gain back a lot of the flexibility lost to WordPress.

4. If you use a good theme, it will be rich in widgets, like the "plain text widget", where you can use ad hoc HTML and CSS to create stuff inside areas of your home page, sidebars, etc.

5. You can even sell themes or plugins you develop for WordPress

6. Mark Ling and Affilorama recommend WordPress and many of their courses and tutorials require it.

Hope this helps...
_jim coe
sam9
Trust:
Thanks Jim, Sorry about the post I'm new at this type of thing. I'm still considering everything, but I think for now I'm leaning towards building my pages in notepad and using php. Thanks again for your advice.

Sam
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
@Sam

Welcome to Affilorama!

I agree with Jim. We recommend Wordpress when building affiliate marketing sites because it has become the industry-standard. It is also easy to use and flexible. There are free plugins you can use as well as free themes to customize your site. :)
Michelle
Customer Support

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
haeusslern wrote:I'v been having issues with wordpress, when I change and save the theme template it doesn't want to upload to website. It keeps the same header that I would like to eliminate. I un boxed all checkmarks and it still gives me the same result. Please advise.

Thank you,

Nancy

Can you please give us access to your WP admin area so that we could check what is causing the error?

Please send an email through the Affilorama Contact Us page.

Hope to hear from you soon!
Michelle
Customer Support

This topic was started on Sep 07, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.