Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Wordpress and H1 Warnings

kjmdirect
Trust:

Wordpress and H1 Warnings

I am almost done my first site but I am getting warnings from Traffic Travis and I am not sure how to fix. I have these warnings for all of my pages (any assistance is appreciated). Thanks!

No phrase match of the keyword found in H1 tag.
Keyword phrase match in H1 tags is considered best practice for accessibility and to describe a page's content.

No phrase match of the keyword found in your meta description.
Meta description is shown in search results and acts as a sales page. It does not influence rankings but it significantly increases click-through-rates in SERPs

Your title tag is less than 39 characters.
Accurately describe the page's content by creating descriptive titles.
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Basically, this is saying that your keywords are not in H1 tags. What type of site are you building? Hand coded? Xsitepro? Wordpress? If the latter, then what theme are you using?

When it comes to Wordpress themes, some, like Affilorama and Thesis, put the page title into H1 tags. Other themes, like Flexibility, put them into H2 tags.

If you're hand coding or using Dreamweaver, that's fairly easy to do to. I think XSitePro automatically does this for you as well, but I wouldn't swear to it.

Give us some more info on how you're building your site so we can guide you on how to correct the issue.

Oh, and if you are using one of the methods I say does it for you already, check two things: 1, That you really do have your keywords in the title place and 2. You have the keyword spelled correctly in your page AND in Traffic Travis. (Misspellings one place or the other is the #1 cause of errors.)
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
My bad... I looked at the title again and saw you are using WP... But which theme?

Then make sure you have the keyword correctly in the title area of your post/page and in TT.

As to the meta descript... if you have All-in-one or Platinum SEO, just make sure you have the keyword in the blanks for description and keyword in the plugin's box at the bottom of the post/page.
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

kjmdirect
Trust:
Thanks. I did figure out the Meta/SEO pack issue but no luck on the H1 yet. I am using a WP theme that I created with Artisteer. I checked the spelling before i posted this.

My H1 title is the title of my site right? Then each post has an H2 heading for my article title? This is how it looks to be set up to me so I am not sure if the H1 should change for each post?
cecille.l
Trust:
Yes, the H1 should change for each post. H1 is usually the title of your page or the article/post on that page while H2 (h3, H4, etc) would be the sub-headings.
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

This topic was started on Aug 13, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.