Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Wordpress 3.0 and New Default Theme Twenty Ten

faradina
Trust:

Wordpress 3.0 and New Default Theme Twenty Ten

The stable release of Wordpress 3.0 is now available and and it has a new default theme named Twenty Ten. The new default theme is supposed to make the implementation of backgrounds, headers, shortlinks, menus, post types, and taxonomies much easier.
I have upgraded my personal blog to WP 3.0 but I have yet to test the Twenty Ten theme. I like the feature that lets you change the header easily; it emulates our very own AB theme. As soon as I get around to it, I will check what can be done with Twenty Ten.
wollowra
Trust:
Yes, I came across it for the first time today too Fara.
It looks really clean and would be good to play with.
Keep us informed if you have time.
Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I just upgraded one of my blogs for now, will be playing with it and seeing what works and what breaks before updating any of my others.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

sheepfarmer
Trust:
Hi guys. I just switched one of my sites over to the Twenty Ten theme and now it has the date posted on all of the articles. Could you tell me how to get that off. Thanks
Give somebody a hug>> http://www.cafepress.com/artbyemily1

faradina
Trust:
I have not really done much testing (read: none) on the twenty ten theme but as far as I can tell you will have to edit the template, i.e., remove the following code from single.php:

But don't take my word for this, yet. Like I said, I have not done much testing on the theme. If you want to try it, save a back up copy of single.php first so that you can restore it afterwards if it does not work.
beldin
Trust:
You can also edit functions.php.... :) This should remove it from all pages and posts in the theme. NOTE: doing as below will also remove the "by AUTHOR" comment... getting rid of one and keeping the other is a little more tricky...

Look for function function twentyten_posted_on() comment out the guts of the function using /** and */... it should look something like this (with the guts still in it):

function twentyten_posted_on() {
/**
THE GUTS OF THE FUNCTION ARE HERE
*/
}
endif;

WEEEEEEEE!
Stephen

sheepfarmer
Trust:
Thank you faradina and Beldin for the feedback. I tried it your way Beldin because for me it was little easier to understand and it worked. Thanks again guys.
Give somebody a hug>> http://www.cafepress.com/artbyemily1

This topic was started on Jun 21, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.