Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Will the Affilorama theme jack me?

PremiumMember
stiznef
Trust:

Will the Affilorama theme jack me?

Hey Everyone,

I've got a blog that I've been working on for a few weeks. I've been using the semiologic free theme for wp. It has only about 17 posts/pages. 5 Unique, the rest are coming from UAW.

I want to switch the site to Marks theme or to XSite pro just so that I'm following the blueprint exactly.

By switching to the affilorama theme which uses pages instead of posts or switching to xsite pro, will I be messing up any rankings that I've been able to achieve thus far? Or will it be a smooth transition?

Thanks,

Stiz

PS: Anyone that has xsite pro and wp. If you had to pick just 1 for the rest of your days, which would it be?
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Stiz,
My recommendation for you would be to stick with wordpress.
I love xsitepro, don't get me wrong.. but since you have WP now.. stick with it.

My reasons? ummmm Can't really say.. just coming from my gut feeling.

Hey if you want to build a site with xsitepro, then just do one site and see how you go.

Not sure if that helps but all the best to you.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
stiznef
Trust:
Thanks for the feedback.

After your response and tonights webinar I'll be going with wordpress. I pretty much have the hang of it other than the more complicated php.

Thanks,

Stiz
esolutions
Trust:
Hi Stiznef,

As long as you don't change the absolute URLs to your pages, you should be fine. If you do want to change the absolute URLs to your ranking pages, but don't want to lose rankings, you can also look into custom .htaccess redirect rules. Go for it!
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

This topic was started on Dec 02, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.