Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

What Web Host is the best?

mayupolo
Trust:

What Web Host is the best?

Hi I am just researching some web hosting services offered and I would like to know if some of you that have some experience with this could recommend a web host where I can host my future websites that is affordable.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Mayu
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
are you looking for a server to host multiple websites, or a host to host just the one site? I think it's best if you can afford to, to get your own webserver set up for like $160-250 per month with a company such as www.lunarpages.com. That way you can set up as many domains as you like on the server.

But otherwise, aplushosting.com is very good for individual pages.

I'll look out for more for you when I get to england (I'm leaving tomorrow, so will be travelling for 36 hours - from new zealand).

Has anyone else on this forum got any suggestions?
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
actually, tom hua's hostingbay.com.au is good for whatever your needs are. Take a look.

It's good that it's run by an internet marketer, so they know what your needs are.
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I use (broken link removed)

Funnily enough, its only $3.99 US a month. It's fine if you're not going to be using huge bandwidth etc.

The guy who runs it is cool too, he's helped me out a couple of times.
Last edited by ampie g on 25 Jan 10 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: broken link removed

www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

mayupolo
Trust:
Thanks Mark and Sean, I appreciate your comments, I will check all those sites out and then decide. Once I am in business I am sure I'll set up my own server but right now I simply cant afford to spend that kind of money :(

Regards,

Mayu
PremiumMember
marclindsay
Trust:
At the moment I have two dedicated servers through hostgator and find them to be a very good service.

Im thinking of getting another dedicated server sometime soon with another company, see what is around :)

Thanks for the reccomendation Mark, I will check out Tom's site since I'm an aussie myself.

Regards
Marc
PremiumMember
nick
Trust:
marclindsay wrote:At the moment I have two dedicated servers through hostgator and find them to be a very good service.

Just checked them out and they seem pretty cheap - how good is there support? someone online 24/7?
PremiumMember
marclindsay
Trust:
They have 24/7 chat available.

But if you want anything done on the server you just contact their support team. You can call them any time also.

They get things done pretty quickly usually.

It can take about 1 or 2 weeks to get the server exactly how you want it (you can still have your sites on there in this period) but it is fully managed by them so no technical work if you dont want to do any.

I enjoy their service.

I have 100 sites on their basic level dedicated server and they are running fine.

I also have their Top level server which is quad core and should be able to handle 400 or more sites.

So depends on what you are looking for.

Maybe start small and upgrade when you need it, lets you get your feet wet and enjoy dedicated hosting.

Regards
Marc