Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

What is the source code?

aidan834
Trust:

What is the source code?

just curious what it is. i was told i need to clean up some of the souce code in one of my pharagraphs and i have no clue what it is

jeff
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Source code is just the html code on your page. To view it, you can open one of your html files with notepad or something.

Chances are, if you don't know what source code is, you won't know how to clean it up.

What html editor are you using?
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

aidan834
Trust:
sean06 wrote:Source code is just the html code on your page. To view it, you can open one of your html files with notepad or something.

Chances are, if you don't know what source code is, you won't know how to clean it up.

What html editor are you using?

as far as i know i just uploaded a template and started writitng???? whats a good html editor to use
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Hmm ok. Dreamweaver is probably the best editor to use. It's pretty straightforward to use too.

Are you able to view the source code now?
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Hi Jeff,

In response to your question, while viewing your page on the internet, if you are using firefox or IE, click VIEW (at the top) then SOURCE (or Page Source) and you will see what I am talking about.

Adrian,
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
There are lots of posts on this forum about web authoring software -- the good, the bad, the perplexing. The most popular (around here) are Dreamweaver and XSitePro. Dreamweaver has a 30 day trial version so you can give it a test drive.

If your site is already built and just needs some tidying, however, you're probably better off doing some quick, basic (free) HTML lessons on the web (there are heaps) and learning what some tags mean. Opening and editing your site in another application is probably just going to complicate it even more.

Regards,
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive