Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

What is the difference between html & php?

nates450r
Trust:

What is the difference between html & php?

I use XsitePro2 to build my sites, and when I have time I like to look around the software and try to to get to know and learn every little thing about it.

On the Others tab/website settings tab/file name tab, on the file extension it is set to html (which is fine) but then there is an option to set it as php. I noticed http://www.wowblackbook.com is written in php

How is it different from html or is there a lesson that shows the difference? Is php better or something?

Thanks, Nathan
Last edited by michellerana on 19 Nov 09 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: typographical errors and to improve the title

faradina
Trust:
Setting the file extension to php makes it easier for us to add things like popovers and other fancy scripts into our pages later on.
nates450r
Trust:
What will happen to my website if i set all the file extensions to php
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Changing your extensions to php wouldn't change the way you build your site at all. It would just be simpler to add the things that Fara mentioned into your pages later on.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

nates450r
Trust:
Ok, I understand that - but can you describe how it makes it easier? Please explain with an example so I can understand how it does.

Sorry if i sound like an idiot i just need a clear example Pleeeze :)
clarafaie
Trust:
You can look at this discussion about PHP versus HTML for a better understanding of what PHP does.
nates450r
Trust:
ok thanks

This topic was started on Nov 19, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.