Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

What is better, a blog or a forum on a website?

moon6446
Trust:

What is better, a blog or a forum on a website?

Hi,

What is better a blog or a forum on a website?
I have a website about Wine and Food

And how do you put the free Blog, you get with the affilorama hosting on you website :?

Cheers Simone
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
moon6446 wrote:Hi,

What is better a blog or a forum on a website?
I have a website about Wine and Food

And how do you put the free Blog, you get with the affilorama hosting on you website :?

Cheers Simone

It depends on the purpose of the blog or forum. Forums are for people to interact while a blog is a way for you to update your site. Which will it be?
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
Like Adrian said, what are you trying to accomplish by adding them interactivity or updates?

Having both will serve you well as they'll provide fresh, free content!

How to set up a blog with Affilorama hosting - no idea :cry: do they have a Fantastico module in the control panel? If so, look in there and you'll find an easy Wordpress installer :wink:

Promo
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Just one thing to remember if you install a wordpress blog on your site. One part of the instructions say "99% of people don't have to worry about this...."

Well, if you have the godaddy/affilorama hosting, you are in that 1%, so just make sure you make that little change. Took me ages to figure it out.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

moon6446
Trust:
Hi,

Ok well I will check it out then. I already drive the support desk of affilorama hosting nuts :lol:
but I think they are getting used to it by now so I will ask them again :P

Simone
moon6446
Trust:
Hi,

well I want to have a blog on my site for updates and so, but if wordpress isn't working very well with the affilorama hosting, which one do you recommend then?

Cheers Simone
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
It works fine with the hosting, it's just that theres an extra little thing you have to do when setting up. Once you have that done, it works perfect.

I'd still go with wordpress.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world