Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

What does this Hoplink Code mean?

PremiumMember
cdidcott
Trust:

What does this Hoplink Code mean?

Does anyone know about this hoplink code?

http://MyNickname.publisherNickname.hop ... type=nohop

What exactly does /?type=nohop mean here?

Thanks, Colin.
alvin
Trust:
Colin,

I means that when you land on the final page, there will not show a ?hop=yourid at the end.

You can 'hide' your link this way. I'm not sure if it does count as a sale though. I have to do a quick test to see if it does, but my guess is that it will.

Its quite useful when combined with a Javascript code to hide your CB link in the browser's status bar, then lands on the merchant's page without any sign of it being an affiliate link.

Why don't you try both (with and without the last bit) and see how the URL looks in the browser...

@
alvin
Trust:
Hi,

I just tried it and it only works for some affiliate links and not others. You have to test it to see if it works for you...

@
PremiumMember
cdidcott
Trust:
Yes, I was concerned whether I would be credited with the sale.

I went through the procedure of purchasing the product up until the last page, at the bottom of that page my Clickbank ID was showing. (I found these directions on the clickbank help page) So I guess I get the sale.

Thanks for letting me know the purpose of the code though.

Colin
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
cdidcott wrote:Does anyone know about this hoplink code?

http://MyNickname.publisherNickname.hop ... type=nohop

What exactly does /?type=nohop mean here?

Thanks, Colin.

/?type=nohop has nothing to do with making a sale or not being credited with the sale. It simply means that the visitor will view the general page of the merchants website as opposed to /?type=order which would normally direct them to just the order form if they had one.

Adrian,
alvin
Trust:
Adrian,

If you try the Jamorama site with the ?type=nohop code, you'll see that it lands on the merchant page without the extra ?hop=yourid at the end. That's sort of a 'hidden' affiliate id, so we were just wondering if we'd still get credited if we use that.

@
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
In order to check if you get credit simply fill out the first part of the order form( name and address) then click next........... you should see your affiliate ID at the bottom of the page.

Adrian,