Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

What Are The Planning Stages For Building A Website?

cleverliving
Trust:

What Are The Planning Stages For Building A Website?

after building a number of sites in the past one of the biggest hurdles i have come across is being to scatterbrained when starting it. eg: when to write, when to link build, when to keyword research and so on. i have even got to a point where i cant find anything to write about.

so i was curious if anyone has seen or knows about the planning stages to before creating a website?

I have thinking maybe if i can find a mind map software and sort out may categories and website structure. (any one know of a free software?)

I was also thinking of maybe doing my keyword research and planning out maybe 200 or so post titles of and putting them into a spread sheet next to the keywords that i may aim for? (does anyone do this or think its a good idea?)
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Greg,

A good course showing the step by step of building a site (or affiliate website to be exact) is Affiloblueprint. The course is laid out in 12 Steps, with each step containing a series of in-depth training videos. The first Step is about picking a niche, the products and the keywords. Once done with that you can begin with writing/creating the content and only when you have a few articles ready can you proceed to building the website.

[url]I was also thinking of maybe doing my keyword research and planning out maybe 200 or so post titles of and putting them into a spread sheet next to the keywords that i may aim for? (does anyone do this or think its a good idea?)[/url]

I think this is a good idea so you can avoid writing the same article for similar keywords. You will also have a guide as to what article to write next.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

tankctrlr
Trust:
I like to create models, their basically a big to do list except they're more detailed and I tweak them when necessary. I write them on paper to get it out of my head (the more things I get out of my fragile little brain the better I function and sleep lol, something about physically writing it down that amplifies this too).

I use a white board and pen and paper for mind mapping things, it's just a lot easier for me to just draw it all out rather than click around in software, and I find I can think better when I'm away from a computer screen. There are mind mapping tools out there though, maybe someone can suggest a good one.

I really like Trello.com, for organizing certain tasks (like making a blog post) I like it because it's not too complicated like most productivity software, I'm not at the level yet to where I need a robust piece software.

Also try out Evernote.com for taking notes of almost anything. It's good for when researching things and again getting things out of your head and putting them in a safe place is good; so you can have clarity and be able to focus on what matters.

A couple content-writing resources that have helped me are:
http://www.copyblogger.com/weekly-content-plan/
http://www.copyblogger.com/copy-editing-tips/
Writing Services - www.needanarticle.com

cleverliving
Trust:
yeah thanks ( cecille.l) my partner and i have already purchased that course and i just find my self scatterbrained when beginning a new website and feel my productivity could be better int he beginning.

(tankctrlr) thanks for the reply mate. i know how you feel, its hard to sleep when its all on your mind and putting it on paper is the best way i think. i guess i will just have to work on my own personal routine for beginning of the website process. but some good suggestions mate.

This topic was started on Dec 17, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.