24 Jul 09 3:37 am
sorry I should have said, IM = Internet Marketing.
ok, This is just my opinion...
1. Your header image needs to be more professional.
The text heading needs to be actually designed in the header.
2. The godaddy box at the bottom looks a bit unprofessional too, although I know you may be using their free site builder and if thats all you have to play with then that's ok.
3. Get your email address off the page unless you like lots of spam.
4. As soon as I get to your site.. I think to myself.. what is in it for me, how is this page going to help me.
I don't really see clearly within the first 5 seconds what your site is about.
You have about 5 seconds to capture a visitors attention.
5. The text is too small, make it 10pt font or 12.
6. You have adsense on the site.
That's fine if you are only promoting adsense but do you want them to click on the adsense? or stay on your page?
7. You will need a heap more content about what you want to teach people.
8. Having the banner ads flashing at the bottom seem too spammy to me.
If you are going to do this, put them on a separate resource page and relate some of the content to the ads.
9. Again this is just my opinion, but you do not have enough people for a blog.
If people are going to comment on your blog... they want to be part of a community.
You just don't have the traffic yet. If people see 1 comment they will know your site is not that popular with others.
Do a blog later when you build the site up.
10. Your books page just screams I want to sell you something.
If you are going to use Amazon as your affiliate partner then maybe do a review of the books you like.
Ok.. 10 points from me.
Maybe others can offer their 2 cents.
All the best.
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.
-- Robert Brault