Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Website Review

anjoh77
Trust:

Website Review

I am very new to affiliate marketing and my site is www.successthruchrist.com. I have created a site that is not doing well and its been up 7 weeks. I do not know how but its ranked at 1-3 on google, MSN and Yahoo but I may have done that myself by accessing the site to work on it (not sure how search engines count page hits). However, the site has only made $8.00. I want to build a site that encourages people to look beyond a 9-5 to achieve financial independence and I'd like to include some information family issues as well. I need this site to generate an income before I can create another one because I cannot afford it. Thanks guys.
Kay Jackson @ www.global-e-harmony.com

wollowra
Trust:
Hi Anjoh,
It seems you are very new to IM and It seems to me that you need to to do some good research and learning about IM as well. This is just my opinion and I could be wrong.
The members here can review your site, but having looked at your site I don't think you would like the direction or suggestions and we don't want to hurt your feelings or blow you out of the water entirely.
Do you want an honest opinion of your site?
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

anjoh77
Trust:
Yes. I didn't see any instructions on how to IM but you can also email me at kjacks119(at)gmail.com. I would really like the site critiqued by someone who knows what they're doing. I'm not at all concerned about my feelings being hurt. I'm not at all satisfied with this site so at this point, I need to try something that will turn it around.

wollowra
Trust:
sorry I should have said, IM = Internet Marketing.

ok, This is just my opinion...
1. Your header image needs to be more professional.
The text heading needs to be actually designed in the header.

2. The godaddy box at the bottom looks a bit unprofessional too, although I know you may be using their free site builder and if thats all you have to play with then that's ok.

3. Get your email address off the page unless you like lots of spam.

4. As soon as I get to your site.. I think to myself.. what is in it for me, how is this page going to help me.
I don't really see clearly within the first 5 seconds what your site is about.
You have about 5 seconds to capture a visitors attention.

5. The text is too small, make it 10pt font or 12.

6. You have adsense on the site.
That's fine if you are only promoting adsense but do you want them to click on the adsense? or stay on your page?

7. You will need a heap more content about what you want to teach people.

8. Having the banner ads flashing at the bottom seem too spammy to me.
If you are going to do this, put them on a separate resource page and relate some of the content to the ads.

9. Again this is just my opinion, but you do not have enough people for a blog.
If people are going to comment on your blog... they want to be part of a community.
You just don't have the traffic yet. If people see 1 comment they will know your site is not that popular with others.
Do a blog later when you build the site up.

10. Your books page just screams I want to sell you something.
If you are going to use Amazon as your affiliate partner then maybe do a review of the books you like.

Ok.. 10 points from me.
Maybe others can offer their 2 cents.

All the best.
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

anjoh77
Trust:
Thank you, thank you, thank Troy! I really appreciate the feedback. The site is a template and some of the things I cannot change but I will implement your suggestions immediately. I waited up tonight hoping you would respond.

This topic was started on Jul 23, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.