Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Using PHP in Xsitepro

nates450r
Trust:

Using PHP in Xsitepro

this is just a short question,
i use xsitepro for my website building
and all the files are in html
if i change the file extention to php will the all the website files be uploaded as php? is it that easy?

im going to be starting a new website and i wanted to try using php instread of html.
wollowra
Trust:
That is correct Nates.
It should overwrite the .html file from my experience...
Maybe you should test it on an unused domain first, I wouldn't want anything going bad on your site while testing.
Although I have done it and it worked fine for me.
Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

nates450r
Trust:
To test, would i just change one of the page files from html to php?
if i have a 2 page website (example) and one page is html and one php will the site upload with the two different file extensions? or should i change all the files from html to php to test?
wollowra
Trust:
I am not sure if you have a test domain but just upload a test template and put all the extensions in PHP.

If not, then you will just have to put your current site as all.php

Regards
Troy

P.S Back up your xsitepro site file first.
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

jpastorizo
Trust:
Nates,

In my experience the php files will just be uploaded when you publish the site and the html files will be overwritten. Just make sure you back up your site before you do this just to be sure.

Regards,
Renato
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

nates450r
Trust:
I have a few different html codes on my site for tracking websites stats...etc the html code is on each page.

will the html codes still fuction and track daily stats on my website if i upload the website using php?
jpastorizo
Trust:
Nates,

Sorry but I am not sure about that. I would suggest contacting affilorama support regarding this.
If it's just Google Analytics then it might be easier for you to back up your site and then test. It is easy to insert the GA code in the global scripts area after you've converted our site from html to php.

Regards,
Renato

nates450r
Trust:
No its not GA i like using www.statcounter.com - i could try pasting the statcounter code in the global scripts as well though.
jpastorizo
Trust:
Nates,

Stat counter script might be similar to GA. You can probably just paste it on the global scripts area. If your site has 50+ pages it will be a pain to insert the code manually in each page. Your best bet is to use the global scripts area.

Regards,
Renato

This topic was started on Dec 18, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.