Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Using Joomla as a CMS for clients?

tyuqte
Trust:

Using Joomla as a CMS for clients?

OK, i cant make my own CMS so would using Joomla be okay for non ecommerence web design? Im just asking as Joomla being free doesnt seem very professional.
oliviabest
Trust:
Yes, it's an open source, but it's not of huge importance at all. A lot of people use it and their websites look pretty well-structured and appealing though.

If you doubt about Joomla usage, hire a coder to do this CMs for you.
essexboyracer
Trust:
free does not equal unprofessional. Apache, the software that powers 60% of the planet's websites is free, does that make 60% of the websites in the world unprofessional?
thel.online.ph
Trust:
Hi,

A lot of companies actually use joomla for their CMS. Joomla is used extensively in webhosting sites and can really like anything you want it to be. It's not because something is free means it's not prefessional. I don't see why free CMS systems aren't okay, the only disadvantage probably is that it's too extensive but that should be liveable.

Using a free CMS-system is also cheaper because you don't have to pay for a personal CMS that you have to build. You can test some of the free CMS on their usability and features and then decide which one to use. If they don't offer what you need, you'll have to pay someone to create a custom CMS.

This topic was started on Aug 04, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.