Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Unfreeze error when saving an animated gif

harveryc
Trust:

Unfreeze error when saving an animated gif

I am trying to create an animated gif and I keep getting an error when I try to save the pictures that says "unfreez error not a gif file or incorrect version number" . Can someone please help? calla
Want to Lose Weight? Check out some of the Best Weight Loss Guides

jpastorizo
Trust:
How do you actually do it? Do you follow the steps in the blueprint?

Regards,
Renato
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

jasondodd
Trust:
It would help if you provided a bit more detail on how youre trying to create the animated gif but possibly youre trying to save it with a jpg extension? or not using the right software?

as mentioned, try the suggested method found in week 4 on creating an animated gif
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: https://www.affilorama.com/premium

harveryc
Trust:
i created images using jpg then I renamed the pictures to gif because the animated gif would not allow me to use jpg. So the images are gif

jpastorizo
Trust:
harveryc,

Did you create jpg images in paint.net and then use those images in unfreeze to come up with a file that you can save in gif format?

Regards,
Renato

harveryc
Trust:
no I created the images in GFX writer, I am not familiar with paint.net. Now the error that I am getting is different It says "premature end of file encountered; no GIF data present" Can this be fixed, i am trying to avoid redoing all the images that I have using paint.net

jpastorizo
Trust:
As long as the images that you need to combine within Unfreeze are .jpg format then unfreeze should be able to spit out an image ready to be saved in .gif format. I hope you can make it work.

Regards,
Renato

harveryc
Trust:
I took all my images and saved them using paint.net instead of creating new ones and then used animated gif and guess what it worked... thanks for all your help

stoneleighphoto
Trust:
harveryc wrote:I am trying to create an animated gif and I keep getting an error when I try to save the pictures that says "unfreez error not a gif file or incorrect version number" . Can someone please help? calla

There are lots of options to saving your GIF. We recently went through 4 days of back and forth with Adobe with nothing changing and even Adobe letting us know they had no answers. We have created a tutorial with multiple saving options you can check out http://stoneleighphotography.com/making ... photoshop/.

Hope it helps.

This topic was started on Aug 11, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.