Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

text in sidebar

mecford
Trust:

text in sidebar

Hi All,
I want to add text ie links etc into a sidebar how can i do this.

Also can i shorten the length of my post/page titles so that the contents list takes up less room on the sidebar.

Regards
Mecford
powersave17.com.w1.ddmstage.
joshuas
Trust:
Hi Mecford,

Are you using Wordpress? If you are, then it's pretty easy to have links in the sidebar. Inside the Wordpress admin area, on the left side there should be a section called Appearance. Expand that and click on Widgets.

On that page, you'll see a whole lot of widgets you can drag and drop into your sidebar. The one you want is Text. Drag that into the position on the sidebar you want and expand the Text widget. Inside it there's an area where you can put your links in and it should appear on your sidebar. You'll need to put it in this format though:

<a href="YOUR LINK HERE">TEXT YOU WANT TO SHOW</a>

To shorten the length of your titles, you can edit it in the Post, Page editor.

Joshua
mecford
Trust:
many thanks joshua I am using Word Press so you information will be good.

I had already applied for a copy of your free links book but your request for confirmation nearly went into the trash.
The people who send constant random e'mails are now using the phrase "Confirm your subscription" so if its a reply to a request you may need to be just a little more specific.

Regards Mecford
davidoff
Trust:
Much better than the text widget is the Advanced text widget. I've been using it for years, cause it's essential. In that one, you can put ANYthing, even code. :-)

To shorten the sidebar content I went into the sidebar editor and played around with the code until I got what I wanted (I am not a programmer ;-)

joshuas
Trust:
Hi Mecford,

Thanks so much for subscribing and I very much appreciate the heads up on the subject line. I'll make sure it's a better title soonest. :)

Hope you find the report useful. Let me know if you have any feedback because I'm always open to it. Thanks!

Joshua
danchan
Trust:
Some Wordpress themes offer you several text widgets. if you want to break the monotony of continuous links, you can add some other stuff in between links in the sidebar this way.
Site Admin
mikeantiga
Trust:
If you're using the AffiloTheme, you may just use the Custom Content Top (above the article list) or Custom Content Bottom (below the article list). This field accepts plain text, HTML or Javascript.
Want lessons on Affiliate Marketing, SEO and Content Creation? Get them here for FREE:
http://www.affilorama.com/lessons

This topic was started on Feb 19, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.