Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Suggestions for my site

PremiumMember
agoodrich
Trust:

Suggestions for my site

Hey everyone, thanks again for your help with my last question, here is my next one. I have a new site up www.propershaving.com in which I'm trying to sell shaving products. I know affilorama is more geared toward clickbank and eproducts. But any suggestions on what I might want to do to help convert and get sales on this site? It's only been live for a week now and I'm only one page 2 of google, but again it's only been a week. Should I post a few reviews of the products? Should those reviews be on the front page do you think?

Do you think I need a better more professional logo?

Thanks
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I would do articles on proper shaving techniques, maybe a few product reviews, and do some work on the site. Personally, I would move the products off the front page. It's not so much that we do clickbank products, its more that we teach how to build content sites with lots of information. Not sure of the niche so I dont know how well it will convert really. that being said, some individual product reviews would always be helpful, but you need to share content that isnt product specific. Ask yourself one question. Lookng at your site, I have to ask, Why should i trust you? you havent done ANYTHING to earn it.

also, pay attention to small details. You need to edit your copywright disclaimer in the footer, and get rid of the "this is a sample article" fillers. It makes your site look unprofessional in my opinion. every page on your site needs to have content on it that is relevant to your niche. The privacy page is blank, the footer needs to be changed, you need to replace the article filler with good articles on your niche, and I would move the recommended products page to an internal page, and write a welcome page for your home page.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

johnalex157
Trust:
agoodrich,

Your website looks simple and easily accesible. But the link "Aritcle" is kind of isolated. And moreover there are no immediate links to say something about the tips and tricks in shaving. If you have a few links on you homepage which talks more about shaving, it will make you website more relevant to the visitors.
http://www.stocksharetrading.co.uk
http://blog.stocksharetrading.co.uk
Basics of forex trading, stock market and mutual funds

michael025
Trust:
Hi Agoodrich,

I just checked your site. It's pretty okay, but as the others above suggested, I would suggest you add product reviews, and make a few recommendations on which products you think are good. Since your website is proper shaving, you should put a few informative articles to gain the trust of your viewers. Also, as james suggested, pay attention to the details. On your footer it says "Enter your copyright text here". Get rid of that. It ruins your site's credibility and would show your viewers that your site was hastily made. Also, change IM New here to I'm new here. This is just my opinion, but I wouldn't buy anything from a website which doesn't even pay attention to grammar. Lastly, I would only choose google ads which are relevant to your site. I saw an ad on your site for industrial brushes which is not related to shaving at all....If you ask me, just make these small changes and your site would improve a lot....

This topic was started on Dec 21, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.