Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Site Building Software - Dreamweaver or XSitePro?

PremiumMember
splork
Trust:

Site Building Software - Dreamweaver or XSitePro?

Noticed that you recommend Dreamweaver in Lesson 1. Excellent program, but what do you think of XSitePro? Do you advise sticking with DW throughout the course or could XSP suffice?
Servicing the web sewers since 2006 http://lostballinhighweeds.com

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hi there,

I haven't used X Site Pro before, but it certainly is a less expensive option than dreamweaver.

The principles of affiliate marketing apply regardless of what editor you use to put together your web pages. I put a dreamweaver tutorial up as a get-started guide to web design, using my favorite editor.

What do other people out there think of dreamweaver? Any comments?

I can produce more video tutes of X Site Pro if there's demand! :D
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

clifftan
Trust:
One of my website had more than 40 over webpages stored with the hosting provider. I do not have them in my hard drive. More than a week ago, I decided to migrate them out as it cost too much for me to maintain. Instead of using my favourite dreamweaver to do the migration process, I use xsitepro to migrate all the pages, from formating the pages to uploading to the new webhost. It took me only 1.5 hrs for the whole process as oppose to 4 hours using dreamweaver. Xsitepro does it very quickly as it stores many ready to use templates, whether be it a direct response page, Affiliate page. In fact, the software is built mainly for internet marketers. It is a good way to manage multiple projects without loosing track of where the files, affiliate links, adsense codes are..if you are a techie person and likes lots of customisation, then dreamweaver would be a good choice instead.

rgds,
Clifford
PremiumMember
splork
Trust:
Yea the templates are what I was thinking about as there are quite a few one page affiliate designs that look like they would be quicker to use than coding from scratch with DW. I stopped using DW after I got XSP.
Servicing the web sewers since 2006 http://lostballinhighweeds.com

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Sounds great, thanks for the tip!

I'll buy it and do a video tutorial series on it then. It may take me a few weeks as I am off to the UK for the next 3 weeks for the world internet summit.

I'll still be online to help everybody however, and will be posting updates from the summit.

Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
marclindsay
Trust:
Having a strong background as a webmaster, my favorite tool for power and control is definately Dreamweaver.

Having said that it is not so easy for a new person to just pick up and run with.

I also own X-site Pro and for my adsense or affiliate sites it works fantastically when I use it. Very simple and very easy to use.

You will get to a point when you outgrow it or outsource someone else to be building the sites for you.

But until then, it makes a quick and easy program to use for those that may not want the hassle's of dealing with a design program such as dreamweaver or frontpage.

Regards
Marc
PremiumMember
danklein
Trust:
What does anyone think of Frontpage 2003.
That is what I have. Dreamweaver seems
too complicated to learn quickly.

dan 8)
PremiumMember
nick
Trust:
I use front page myself but have been slowly converted to DreamWeaver... for me, FrontPage loads faster and if I need to make a quick change to a html file i'll either use notepad or FrontPage.

However if the file has PHP in it then i'll use DreamWeaver =)
DreamWeaver has some nice features and does a few things better then frontpage.