Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Should I use a big red font on my homepage?

auscast
Trust:

Should I use a big red font on my homepage?

Hi,

I was wondering if it would be advisable to add the big red header on the homepage something akin to "Who Else Wants to Know how to Train Your dog in 1 week or less guaranteed" type of thing. Or does that come off to Salesy and might that divert people from actually browsing the site and converting sales?

I've seen this type of thing promoted heavily amongst internet marketers yet it's not in the Blueprint. Just curious to see what others think.
jasondodd
Trust:
It can be a fine line between too salesy but at the same time getting noticed. And sometimes it will depend on your niche. For dog training you probably want to focus more on being friendly and inviting e.g. http://dogobedienceadvice.com/

It's easy to overuse the color red - and then it loses its affect and just irritates people!
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: https://www.affilorama.com/premium

auscast
Trust:
Thank You Jason for your response
dee1beus3
Trust:
Hi guys,
I agree with you Jason, last night I participated in a survey on a very popular newspaper distributed to a very large audience. They were testing the new look and style. They presently have lots of bold RED titles on every page and it does tend to be irritating and agressive in the delivery of their news.
Especially when I get to the Wolrd , Econnony sections. In this day and age we need more security colors such as eg. blue . or green.
It will be interesting to see which way the new layout will be accepted .

This topic was started on Jul 20, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.