Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Right Colors In Design

oliviabest
Trust:

Right Colors In Design

I would like you to share with your thoughts as to your favourite color spectrum while a web site/ blog designing. What colors do you think will lead to a successful highly rated website?
Also it will be great to know as to your customers preferable colors as well.
Thanks.
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Olivia,

I use a variety of methods, including trying to use the psychology of color to try to get the effect that I want. The main one I use though is to pull most of the colors from my site from my main image. This helps to get a little consistency in the feel of the site. When pulling the color, I get a 3x3 sample in the largest version of the main image that I have. So if I scaled down an image to fit my banner (something I do quite often), I'll use the larger image to get the sample from. Lighter colors do well for sidebar background colors. Darker colors do good for header colors. And if I use a "page" background color instead of an image, then I try to find one that goes with the image without being distracting.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

oliviabest
Trust:
You color applying method is really great! I love when a background is in mild hues as well. But love to use dark ones, too.
oliviabest
Trust:
guys? are you here?
oliviabest
Trust:
So passive :-(

and I don't understand why...
kate reber
Trust:
I like the dark color also.. Hi oliviabest, I don't understand also, is this forum still active? I saw the last post and that was last month ago..
Affiliate Manager
www.buzzcreators.com

cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Olivia and Kate,

I see the last post here was a few weeks ago. I apologize for not replying sooner. :(

I tend to choose colors based on my website's theme or concept. If I am promoting, let's say, a guide to maintaining your romantic relationship, then i choose light colors in the red and pink spectrum.

Colors play an important role in web design because they set the "mood" for your site. Choosing a nice color palette to match your website's theme or your suite of products can affect visitors. You might be interested to read on how color affects us

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

fastnobull
Trust:
Colors that explode and get in your face are best. I hate gray themes, even if they merge well with your topic.

Go for blends of red, bright white, those types.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I have to say I disagree with that one personally. bright in your face color schemes make me hit the back button before your content even has a chance to load, but thats just me...
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

oliviabest
Trust:
will agree that general appearance is very important. Nice looking, pleasing, attractive, but mild colors are the best solution, as for me, cause I prefer to use mild and not so colorful palette

This topic was started on Mar 25, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.