Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Review of Website & Advice

thestinkymama
Trust:

Review of Website & Advice

Greetings,
I would love some feedback on my website. http://www.stinkymamas.com

From reading other reviews on here, it looks to be good constructive feedback from others and that is exactly what Im looking for. The website itself is being constructed using Weebly. Learning the how to's and what not's for affiliate marketing has been challenging to say the least, but I have a determination to not give up until its successful in its own right. This particular website is actually my 2nd attempt at affiliate marketing and it is the direction I want to go in as it is really who I am. I do have a lot of work to do, and Im up for it, its just a matter of putting all the pieces together and learning the processes of everything. Please keep in mind when you are reviewing, I am having to learn a lot as Im pretty much doing this from scratch and am not paying for programs to achieve certain goals.

The 2nd part to this is any help in researching how to have media partnerships. I have a particular organization that I would love to do this with, but Im not sure where to start with making this happen and so far Ive only done affiliate marketing with merchants and not sold advertising space from my website. Im also not sure how to determine what the cost of advertising space would be on my website. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to the responses :)
Lisa K
Lisa Kimmel
www.StinkyMamas.com

cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Lisa,

The strikes me as very feminine with all the cursive writing. Will definitely catch the eye of female shoppers, which I think is your target market. You might want to change the footer and make them into cursive writing as well as the heading on top, just to tie in the elements on your site together.

You might want to add more content like how did this site come about, or what products in those that you recommend have you actually used and come highly recommended. You can do something like a product of the week and write a review for that product. I'm sure your users would appreciate something like that.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

thestinkymama
Trust:
cecille l wrote:Hi Lisa,

The strikes me as very feminine with all the cursive writing. Will definitely catch the eye of female shoppers, which I think is your target market. You might want to change the footer and make them into cursive writing as well as the heading on top, just to tie in the elements on your site together.

You might want to add more content like how did this site come about, or what products in those that you recommend have you actually used and come highly recommended. You can do something like a product of the week and write a review for that product. I'm sure your users would appreciate something like that.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

Hi Cecille,
Excellent advice and its funny you mention the reviews. I have been thinking of doing reviews as I have actually purchased a couple of items from the merchants I have on there. Its just a matter of where to put the 'Reviews' on my website. But I really really like your thought of doing a Product of the Week.

Im also trying to get Giveaways going on the website which I think is going to be its own separate page.

On the footer situation, I am stuck with it being a normal font until I figure out how to do font smoothing. Weebly is ok for websites, but their fonts arent the prettiest as a whole. Most of the fonts you see on there that are in cursive are actually pictures I did up in a program that has a font smoothing tool. Im really picky about appearance and ugly looking fonts are not going to work for me.

Thank you Cecille for your review, it is very appreciated!
You have a good day as well :)
Lisa Kimmel
www.StinkyMamas.com

maribella
Trust:
Hello Lisa,
I'm a newbie and I don't have any clues for you
Weebly is much esier than WP,but the majority think WP is better.
I have built a basic site with Weebly in about 20 mnt,but I'm still stuck
building WP!(from a long time!)

I checked your place: I'm not of the same advise as Cecile and honestly
I wouldn't buy nothing if i drop in a place with similar coursive(Italic?)
because is so difficult on the eye!

I Will change to a more simple printing
Let me know about your Weebly experience as I'm starting now

Sorry to be franc!
Mari
thestinkymama
Trust:
Hi Maribella, I actually appreciate your honest opinions. I did use a different font in some areas to add some dimension to the website. And most of those are pictures that I created using a program.
I wanted to give you some feedback on Weebly. Weebly is ok to a point. If you use their templates and dont mess around with the html or css, you are good to go. I didnt just use their template, I added some of my html and tweaked the website so that it was more original. You will see Weebly's templates all over the place and I have this thing about standing out of the crowd and being different. But that is just me.
So if you start playing around with the html and css, be aware you are going to run into obstacles and aggravation. Right now I am having a problem with how the pictures of the products I have on there display in the different browsers. In Chrome and Firefox everything displays beautifully, with IE, the pictures are all skewed and do not display very well at all. Weebly says it what Im doing because I am using a template that I have modified, but just between you and me, I dont believe thats whats going on. I have resized the pictures as they suggest to do and it still doesnt look right.
Just a little heads up for you if you are going to use Weebly, trust me when I say there will moments of frustration if you get creative with the website.
Lisa Kimmel
www.StinkyMamas.com

This topic was started on Sep 08, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.