Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

revamped home page

mark schaaf
Trust:

revamped home page

I changed most of the text on my home page at the suggestion of this and a few other forums. When I did this I went from like page 8 to page 2 on yahoo but I vanished from google all together. I thought I read somewhere that if you change the content a lot that sometimes google will look at the re worded page as a new page starting you at the bottom all over again. It has been well over a month since I redid the page and today my sites home page showed up on page 2 of google for many of the search terms I used to be on like page 15 for.

Not only that but at least 5 of my internal pages are now showing up on page 1 and 2 on google. I am glad this happened but it this normal. I thought google looks at each page on a site and judges it on its own merits. I think that all my pages are very good but is it normal for a big jump up the search engine ranking from a revamped home page to drag internal pages to the front as well. Mark
Mark

essexboyracer
Trust:
Who knows Mark, but we would love to know what you changed to get your site ranked higher...!
mark schaaf
Trust:
Originally my home page was a long article about the site, A few people said I should cut everything down from what i had and put in short comments about the subject of each major page on the site. I did this and as i said my site vanished for well over a month. That is all I did. But I think my sites home page may be seen by google as a new page or site and won't stay there for very long. I have often seen new sites show up on page one for a week or so then go back to like page 20 because like so many people say google has a difficult time placing new sites and sometimes new pages so I kind of think this is what is happening but I will let everyone know what happens. I do know my site went from page 8 on yahoo to page 1 and it is still there. I often wonder why people say google has a difficult time with new sites because they meaning google say they are the best so why wouldn't there computers be able to react faster. Mark
Mark

cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Mark,

I wouldn't be able to know for sure until I see your URL and run it through Traffic Travis (I think you've mentioned it at one of your posts. I just can't recall which one at the moment.). Most likely your SEO efforts are paying off. The website might still be going through the Google Dance but just enjoy your current rankings and keep working on your SEO.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
You could add fresh content regularly to keep your high rankings. Search engines love sites that are continually updated with new content. Post content that is new, relevant. Think of the visitor value you offer with each post. Focus your attention first on your visitors' benefits, and you'll be seeing good results because of it.

Fresh content will keep both customers and search engines coming back to your site. Updating your site often and adding new content is an invitation for search engine spiders to repeatedly crawl your site and index new posts.

It's not necessary to add articles each time. You may add videos or images. Just make sure that the content that you create is relevant to your visitors. For your homepage, you may make a few changes like updates or news or rearranging/changing your images. For your subpages, you may update it twice a month just to make sure you are up-to-date with current prices and special offers.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

mark schaaf
Trust:
I have TT 4 and I am listed on it as # 11 through 23 for my home page and many sub pages so I will just keep checking it for a while. And thanks Michelle Rana for your advice, my problem for adding new content to any page is this. Each page is an information page on how to do something, for example if I were telling someone how to make cookies and using a recipe I couldn't exactly add anything to it or up date it the only thing I could do is to add another page with a different recipe. For now that is what I mostly do is add a page. I do go into my main pages and look them over and change things a bit, re wording things but keeping the same instructions. For now I am very happy where my pages are and plan on staying on top of things and try to get to page 1 position 1. Thanks Mark
Mark

cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Mark,

Those little changes and tweaks that you make to your pages to keep them updated makes a difference to search engines. It shows the site is maintained and aims to provide current information to users. Adding new content that provides value to users also helps. You don't have to make daily changes to your website or add new content daily. You can update your site once or twice a week, but make the SEO work on the site daily.

Hope that helps. :)

Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

ronaldinwilliam
Trust:
Google continues to revamp its products, and the latest in line to undergo a makeover is its homepage.There are full-service web development and maintenance firm that operates with a special focus on ... and they revamped the site with their customers in mind.
Singapore Web Hosting companies safeguard your business with web hosting services, email hosting, dedicated servers, web design,Singapore domain name registration etc and most of them are offering cheap singapore web hosting. For more details visit http://www.sparkstation.net/

This topic was started on Feb 20, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.