Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Really Need A Blog.....Affilorama Template?

wall69
Trust:

Really Need A Blog.....Affilorama Template?

Hi everyone,

I've decided that I would really like a blog as one of my sites. The reason is that allowing visitors to comment is a powerful way of getting backlinks plus I like the layout that blogs have as opposed to websites.

I'm currently using WordPress and am looking for something that I can customize that doesn't require too much (if any) complex html hacking......I'm html illiterate and too be honest I could end up hurling the laptop after 10 minutes of it....and that's being generous! lol

Can the Affilorama theme be used as a blog? If not, can we tweak it easily so that it can?

Help gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,

Nicola
jasondodd
Trust:
hi nicola

there is an affilorama wordpress theme (for affiloblueprint customers) that offers a clean, simple approach ideal for internet marketers to build niche specific sites without getting distracted by widgets, blogs etc.

it could be modified to support blog entries but i wouldnt recommend that unless youre a whizz with php.

a workaround is to use the comments option on a page if you really want a blog style site
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: https://www.affilorama.com/premium

wall69
Trust:
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not quite sure how I'd do that but I'll spend a bit of time trying to do what you've suggested.

Thanks again,

Nicola
digiblue
Trust:
I would stay away from the AffiloBlueprint theme if you want the funcitonality of comments since it is made to work with pages and not posts. You would need to learn how to modify it but it would be a bit of a dilemma.

This topic was started on Jun 19, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.