Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Process of my site - Any further ideas?

crowzy
Trust:

Process of my site - Any further ideas?

Hello my dear Affilorama mates,

My site http://www.opalglobe.com is now almost 5 months old and since the reviews (critiques) of it, 2 months ago I've done some changes as suggested by Mark and the rest of you guys.

I've changed the font, added "H" tags (BTW, I would appreciate if someone can check them out and see if they are correct), added currency converter (actually just added a link to Yahoo's one), changed the background of the site and so on.

At the moment I am adding some articles (at the bottom of the right column). There is just 2 of them right now but I will write a few more in the following weeks. Question here, should I link to them from every single page or just from the home page as it is now?

I've been doing some off page SEO as well. Although Google is still showing 0 backlinks, after their last week's backlink update, when checking with their Webmasters Tool, my external backlinks increased from 7 to 96. Also all of my main pages are out of the suplemental results now. I've got around 80 indexed pages. The rest are all Product Pages and I don't care too much about them anyway. (Internal links show 1024- don't know is that important or not?)

I started ranking for some long tail keywords and I get 3-4 visitors/day from Google search. Overall traffic is still very low 20-40 visits/day but is 100% organic.

I was just wondering, are these stats a sign of finally moving in the right direction or is it nothing to be excited for?

Also, could anyone suggest what else should I do to make the whole process a little bit faster?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

PS
Has anyone ever heard about http://www.majon.com? It seems like they have some good traffic solutions for shopping websites but their prices are a little bit over the top. I can't find any good reviews of their services.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Will do a critique soon... as for Majon..... only use them if you want to waste your money :wink:
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Overall I think it's looking good.

Once you get some more links and some more traffic, I think it will do ok. For your linking strategy, I would recommend getting links with your product names in the anchor text. You have more of a chance of making a sales that way, since the people will be looking to buy something.

What are you doing to get links so far?
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

crowzy
Trust:
So far I've submitted the site to a few hundred directories, mostly free ones, I've posted on 150-200 blogs and also submitted an article to 10-15 article directories and at the moment I am writing a short article that is going to be posted on 100 blogs with different IP addresses.

I do have 2 PR6 baclinks. One is not that good (180 outbound links) but another one has only 12.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Sounds good, you just need to keep doing that :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Your tags looks fine at a quick glance.... you can see how it helps with the heading tags if you click here to see your site ranking.

As for linking to the articles.... if you want to link from every page, make sure to use a nofollow tag. Otherwise your themes will bleed.
crowzy
Trust:
Adrian, would you mind writing an example link for me, using "nofollow" in it. I haven't got a clue how those links are supposed to look like.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
<a href="http://www.google.com" rel="nofollow">Click Here For Google</a>
rlunatunes
Trust:
Your H1 and H2 tags are down at the very bottom. With blue voda (if I remember correctly) whatever is added to the page last will be put more toward the bottom. So if you want your H1 tag to be at the top just delete and add it to the page again.

Randy
[url=http://mozy.com/?ref=3f9a896b&kbid=26059&m=8":1uga1vcr][color=red:1uga1vcr]Mozy Unlimited Backup....Excellent Computer Backup Service!!! "$4.95/month"[/color:1uga1vcr][/url:1uga1vcr]

crowzy
Trust:
Hi Randy,

Yes you're right. That's the way BV works. But wouldn't deleting and adding the tags again give exactly the same result? I mean the tags will again be the last thing added and they will remain at the bottom of the page.

I've seen a tread on their forum explaining a trick on how to avoid this but I forgot what it was. Anyway is it really bad if "h" tags are not close to the top?

PS

Adrian thanks for the example. I thought it was much more complicated than that.
rlunatunes
Trust:
This is how you do it: I found my old post on the Voda forum.

"After putting in the element - it's showing at the bottom of the page, because it was the last thing added. When finished, double click on the element and select "move to back" and that should move it to the top."

As far as the tags being on the top, just like it says below, think of it like a newspaper. The first thing you see when you read it is the headline. Its big, its important and its relevant. The spiders will see it the same way plus its the first thing they will see and read.

"There should be only ONE h1 tag on any page - it should be what you would consider the headline of that page. Think of it as a newspaper - the top largest type headline at the top of each section is the h1 tag."

Randy
[url=http://mozy.com/?ref=3f9a896b&kbid=26059&m=8":1uga1vcr][color=red:1uga1vcr]Mozy Unlimited Backup....Excellent Computer Backup Service!!! "$4.95/month"[/color:1uga1vcr][/url:1uga1vcr]

crowzy
Trust:
Unfortunately this doesn't work for me. There is another layer under my text and if I try "move to back" function, the text becomes invisible. It desappears behind the box.

Anyway, it looks to me that spiders are finding and reading the headlines without problems. That's the reason why we put "h" tags in the first place, isn't it? To let them know.

Also I do have only one "h1" tag per page. At least that's what I thought. Can you see more than one on some pages?

Cheers
rlunatunes
Trust:
crowzy wrote:Unfortunately this doesn't work for me. There is another layer under my text and if I try "move to back" function, the text becomes invisible. It desappears behind the box.

Anyway, it looks to me that spiders are finding and reading the headlines without problems. That's the reason why we put "h" tags in the first place, isn't it? To let them know.

Also I do have only one "h1" tag per page. At least that's what I thought. Can you see more than one on some pages?

Cheers

Oh well! :( Would have been an easy fix otherwise.
Plus I cant tell you for certain that it absolutely matters. It's something I read
somewhere and that was only one source.

Yes, you do only have one H1 tag. The type I had in my previous post that
is Italicized and in quotes is off the blue voda forum and the thing about
the H1 tags just happened to be in the quote also.
Its quoted from Bethers/Beth on the forum.

Your site looks great though. Hard to believe you did that with BV.
I had such a hard time getting things to work in BV that I just gave up and
went to something else. Probably a lack of patience on my part :?

Randy