Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Please help Me! Should I change every page to post?

PremiumMember
gibowetz
Trust:

Please help Me! Should I change every page to post?

Hi everyone,

I am in the midst of changing over to affilotheme 3.0, I am at the first screen asking me to change everything over from pages to posts.

Problem: Either I am going blind or there is no CONVERT button to click on. Have I lost my mind or just need more sleep?

Thank you for saving me in advance!
Site Admin
mikeantiga
Trust:
Hi Gibowetz,

Yes, the AffloTheme 3.0 will ask you to convert your existing PAGES to POST once you activate it. This is because the AffiloTheme now supports posts unlike its previous versions.

We've encountered the missing 'Convert' button before in the first release of AffiloTheme 3.0. Please make sure you're updating to the latest version of the AffiloTheme.

You may convert all your articles into pages except for the articles that you do not want to be displayed in the sidebar like your Privacy Policy, Contact Us and About Us pages. In case you've mistakenly converted a page to a post, you can covert it back to a page (or vice versa) using the Wordpress plugin called P2PConverter.
Want lessons on Affiliate Marketing, SEO and Content Creation? Get them here for FREE:
http://www.affilorama.com/lessons

PremiumMember
gibowetz
Trust:
Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Im now confused. I understood what you said however, what I mean is this:

I want to convert the pages to posts, I am stuck on the first part of the 'migration' process and I cannot actually see the CONVERT button to click on, to confirm that I want to change to posts.

Did that make sense?
PremiumMember
gibowetz
Trust:
Yes, its official - I need more sleep, I didnt read your reply properly. I do apologise!!

I must be not on the correct version, need to download the updated verision.

Thank you!

This topic was started on Nov 04, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.