Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

No Title On Homepage

PremiumMember
gmanfu
Trust:

No Title On Homepage

Hey Everyone,

Since the title on my homepage is the same as my header graphic, I'd like to not have a title on that page.
Will this screw up the all important title for SEO?
any thoughts welcome.
Thanks,
Gary
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
yes you need to have a title on your home page for seo purposes.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Remember, what goes in the title tag in the header is what goes into the browser bar up at the top of the window that lets the user know what page they are on, so in a way, it can be beneficial for you to have it the same, or at least similar, to what is in the header.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

majkonline
Trust:
Hi There,

From what I've heard and learnt from SEO is that the bots that spider the websites do not see graphics, they look at text. So if your header graphic is just a graphic, it will not be seen. I think that is also they reason why you add alt text to all your graphics on your website. Hope that helps.

Adrian
PremiumMember
gmanfu
Trust:
Thanks, everyone.
I don't need to wonder about that anymore.
Gary
faradina
Trust:
I can see why you don't want to put in a title on the page as it would be redundant, with it appearing on the header and then again just below the header. If you don't want the title on your homepage, you can leave it out but make sure that you set it in the Home Title option in Settings > All in One SEO. That way, your homepage will still have the title tag for SEO purposes and your homepage title will show up in the title bar of the browser.

This topic was started on Jul 15, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.