Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Mailing List method when the lesson contains graphics

eblro01
Trust:

Mailing List method when the lesson contains graphics

Mark teaches us to send our list TEXT messages, not HTML. I have a mini-course that I want to send to people that sign-up that contains graphics, so the text idea won't work.

I can either send an HTML message, or send a text message and attach the lesson as a PDF file, or I could send a text message and link to the lesson on a hidden page on the website.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to which might be best received my the list members?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Bob
faradina
Trust:
HI Bob,

I would go for the third option if I were you, i.e. put a link to a page on your website that contains the lessons. The advantages of that option is that you will be able to place links to your site's money pages on the lessons pages and, if you should decide to change the content or layout of the lessons later on, you only do it at your website instead of having to send out newsletters again about the changes and redoing the pdf or html email.
jpastorizo
Trust:
Thanks for this tip Fara! I have about 15 pages on my 1st site already but I have not really put up an opt in form. Good thing I read about this before I even get everything set in an auto-responder. =)

Regards,
Renato
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

eblro01
Trust:
Thanks for the feedback Fara.
I'll take your advice and host the lessons on my website.

These pages should be tagged nofollow and noindex since I don't want them showing up in search or getting indexed - right??

Thanks again for your help.

P.S. I read your bio, I cut my teeth on COBOL too and IBM's PL1, if you can believe it. But I caught the Internet bug in 1995 and haven't looked back.

Regards,
Bob
faradina
Trust:
Well, you could noindex the lessons pages if you don't want them getting indexed on search engines but why don't you want them to be indexed? If the lessons pages offer high quality content, they will help with ranking and if more people discover your lessons through search, then more will be visiting your website. More visits, more chances of sales, right?
faradina
Trust:
PS I don't even know how COBOL works anymore, much less write COBOL code LOL. All that's forgotten, buried deep in the unused recesses of my brain.

This topic was started on Aug 09, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.