Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Javascript errors when creating pages in XsitePro

csheridan
Trust:

Javascript errors when creating pages in XsitePro

Just trying to find out if this is common problem, or I need to uninstall/reinstall XSitePro2...trying to load articles into pages at XSitePro2 as per week 3.2 tutorial. When I paste an article into page 1, it's fine (although I get java script errors before I can get to WYSIWYG), but when I try to paste the second article into page 2, the 2 article shows up on 2 and 1! Is this my screw up or problem with my copy of xsitepro
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
A common issue with creating web pages, and this also applies to XsitePro is pasting directly from a web page or a program like Word which will have embedded code that can interfere with your new web page.

I generally recommend you first paste into Notepad (Start button > Run > type Notepad and press Enter) then copy and paste from there into your new web page. This removes any buggy code which could be causing problems.
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

csheridan
Trust:
Sigh. No joy. I was using Notepad. I uninstalled XSite and .Net Framework. Reinstalled. Same problem. When I try to paste in articles to pages, the first article is fine. When second article goes in to the second page, the first page is overwritten with the second article, I guess. Before I paste anything, I'm getting errors "Internet Explorer Script Error," just for opening the individual pages with the Design tab. I've put in a ticket at XSitePro, too. I appreciate any computer whiz advice that comes my way though...
faradina
Trust:
Internet explorer script errors may be caused by any of the following:

1. Java Applets, Active scripting , ActiveX controls being blocked by the configuration of Internet Explorer, an anti-virus program, a PC firewall, or a network firewall.
2. Anti-virus software configured to scan Downloaded Program Files or Temporary Internet Files folders.
3. The relevant scripting engine on the computer is corrupt or outdated
4. Internet-related folders on the computer are corrupt
5. Corrupt or outdated video card drivers
6. Corrupt or outdated DirectX

This topic was started on Sep 27, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.