Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Is XsitePro a good software for newbies?

cmak130674
Trust:

Is XsitePro a good software for newbies?

I am brand new at this game and downloaded the free trial of xsite pro. I have to say I really like it. I don't have much knowledge of html nor do I have much interest in learn at least not right now. I create my first website and seems to be up and running without an issue but before I drop the 197.00 I wanted to hear from people who know the this stuff whether it is a a good web software.

thanks
guitarreviewspot.com
Last edited by michellerana on 17 Jan 10 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

wollowra
Trust:
Hi Cmak,
Welcome to Affilorama,
Xsitepro is a piece of software I have no problems recommending to people.
It is always useful for affiliate sites or any site you need to make.

Just my opinion.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

cmak130674
Trust:
Thanks for the quick response I had a feeling that was the case. As I said seemed pretty easy to use. I was working with nvu and that was not bad but didn't like the way it was turning out and seemed sort of out dated. I have another question. Articles published on articles sites can you take them and also publish them on your web site or does that fall under the duplicate content heading? I have tried to find an answers but can't seem to. I have tons more questions but been sort of self conscious about asking. sort of taking it slow.

thanks again

guitarreviewspot.com
wollowra
Trust:
You can not take one persons article that is not your own and put it on your blog.
Well you can, but you will run into duplicate content issues or the owner of the article will send you a nasty email..lol
I do know certain people say duplicate content is a myth, but I have my own opinions on that one.
I am not saying I am wrong or right.

You can rewrite the article though, however If someone rewrites one of my articles I can usually tell and I send a nice email to them, but I would just write your own anyway because your visitors will want unique and relevant content, not rehashed stuff that they may have seen on the last site they just visited.

Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

cmak130674
Trust:
I didn't mean using someone's article I meant mine. If i published an article on an article site and then used that same article that I wrote and put it on my site. However I guess is comes out to the same. Google will not know I wrote. I wasn't talking about stealing someone article.

Thanks

Kevin
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Kevin,
sorry, I misunderstood.
I would submit to the article directories first though, then rewrite the article for your site.
Then use that article on your site if you really want to, however personally, I would write unique articles for my site.
That way, the reader can come to your site and read a fresh article.

Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
You must not use the same article from your own site when submitting to directories. These should be at least 50% different. Otherwise, you'll get penalized for duplicate content, which would mean that your articles would possibly never rank well in search engines. Rewording would give a chance for both articles to get a high ranking.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

cmak130674
Trust:
That was what I thought. just wanted to make sure..thanks again for all the quick and helpful answers to my silly questions. I will try to dig a little more before I ask.

Thanks again for making me feel less reserved about asking questions. Hold on I am sure there a tons more.

This topic was started on Jan 16, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.