Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Is wordpress right for me?

andpaq
Trust:

Is wordpress right for me?

Hello everyone. I have been involved in affiliate marketing for about three years now, but I still have yet to generate any significant income. However I am determined to take this career to the next level. I am now with hostgator & since I've heard Mark talk about wordpress for so long I want to give it a try. In the past I have only used my webhost's online wysiwyg web editor. Are there many advantages to wordpress over what I use now (plesk site builder)? Can flash animation or videos be put on a wordpress site? Do I need to know advanced html to use wordpress? Can I edit my site offline? Please HELP & thanks!
newstart
Trust:
Wordpress is relatively easy to use. It may take you a few hours to get used to it, but you should find it easy to use and understand. I use it on sites I want to allow other webmasters direct input to make changes to the sites.

There are multiple add-ons for Wordpress available that will allow you to do just about anything you would like. Wordpress is very popular; add-ons are being added on a regular basis.

Put up a new site using Wordpress and test it for yourself. I am sure you will enjoy it.
andpaq
Trust:
Thanks for the replies folks. I now have my very first wordpress site & I couldn't be happier with it. It's so fast to build a nice website compared to how I've been doing it for the last few years. And the website looks much better than any other I've ever done. I still have a lot to add to my site, but it's off to a great start. Plus I have aweber now too. My new site is: http://legitonlinejobs.tvhow2.com
andpaq
Trust:
Now I know why Mark Ling has been talking about wordpress for so many years. Since I asked this question in july I have made two wordpress websites so far. Even though it's still plenty of work building a website, wordpress has eliminated much of the design steps for me. And it's fairly easy to make it look good too. I appreciate everyone's answers. I'm sold.
andpaq
Trust:
Now I know why Mark Ling has been talking about wordpress for so many years. Since I asked this question in july I have made two wordpress websites so far. Even though it's still plenty of work building a website, wordpress has eliminated much of the design steps for me. And it's fairly easy to make it look good too. I appreciate everyone's answers. I'm sold.

This topic was started on Jul 15, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.