Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

I need a little help in arranging my pages

omf1120
Trust:

I need a little help in arranging my pages

Hey Guys,

I have been working on this website for the past couple weeks : http://simplymusclegain.com/

I have built it using Wordpress and if you look at the menu list on the right hand side, I want to know how can I rearrange it so my homepage titled "Muscle Building Guide for Beginners" can be on the top of the list?

I tried numbering it before publishing the page, but it still seems to not work.

Look forward to some input.

Thanks to all who reply.
Last edited by michellerana on 20 Jan 10 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
To set the front page of your site, click on "Settings" then "Reading".

On the Reading Settings, choose "A static page" then "Muscle Building Guide for Beginners" on the Front Page drop down menu. Then click the "Save Changes" button.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Also, when you are looking at the page Editor for each of the pages, you can set the order on the right side. Set the one you want at the top of the menu list with the lowest number and count from there. It can be useful to go in increments of 10 so that if you decide you need to insert another page, you can do so easily.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

omf1120
Trust:
@Michellerana - I have done that already, I just want to know how to rearrange the menu list.

@Grady - do i have to number each page I add, caz I did number the homepage as 1 when I published the page, it still doesnt seem to work???
sheepfarmer
Trust:
Whichever page that you want to be at the top in the sidebar should be 0 and not 1. Then number the rest accordingly.
Give somebody a hug>> http://www.cafepress.com/artbyemily1

omf1120
Trust:
Yay!! Thanks Sheepfarmer...that worked perfectly.

Thanks to all who replied =)
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Actually, I don't think it matters if it is 1 or 0, as long as the number of that page is lower than any other page. So if you have the other pages with a number higher than 1, then the page that has 1 should be the top one on the list.

The advantage of doing it this way is that you can arrange the articles in the order you want them to appear in the list, regardless of when you wrote them. So if say the last one you published you want to be on the list after the home page but before any other page on the list, then you would give that page a number between the home page's number and the number of any other page.

I forget if the default is alphabetical or publication order (I think it's the latter), but it is one of the two if you don't set the page order.

grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

This topic was started on Jan 20, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.