Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

How to prevent a page from appearing on the sidebar

beldin
Trust:

How to prevent a page from appearing on the sidebar

Hey Gang,

On http://www.wowblackbook.com/world-of-warcraft-warlock-guide.php, page there is a link at the bottom to a continuation page... that second page is not on the sidebar (I don't think)... does anyone know how to set that up in wordpress? What I want to do is have a page that I will link to in an article (I know how to do that) but not have it show up in the menu bar at the side (I don't know how to do that).

Thanks,
Stephen
Stephen

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Stephen,

It may depend on the theme you are using. If you're using the AB theme, I think there is a place in the theme options where you can enter the page ID number to leave it off the menu.

Which has me wanting to ask (because I was looking after seeing this post to try and answer it), if you have permalinks turned on for the more user friendly page names, how do you find the ID number for the page?

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

beldin
Trust:
Thanks Grady, that was what I was looking for.

I'm not sure how to get the ID, I changed the permalink option to get it, then change it back.

Stephen
Stephen

beldin
Trust:
Actually I just found it... when you go pages->edit... the post ID is in the URL.

:)
Stephen

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Duh! :D

Thanks back at ya! :D

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

This topic was started on Sep 29, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.