Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

How to Get Review pages at top in WP

ewebmedia
Trust:

How to Get Review pages at top in WP

I posted a couple reviews on my first site, and I know in the video Mark and Aletta recommend putting the reviews at the top of the pages list. Not sure how to do that in Wordpress. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Bryon
jasondodd
Trust:
hi bryon ... whats your website? there is an option when adding or editing a page you can enter an order number - the higher the number, the closer to the top it appears.

this setting can be changed using the quick edit option which is a bit faster than going in to each page
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: https://www.affilorama.com/premium

wollowra
Trust:
Hi Byron,
Pages are usually arranged alphabetically, but you can rearrange the order pages are displayed in by using the order field.

for ex: Say you have three pages: dogs, cats, mice

That will be the order they should normally appear in. If you wanted mice to appear first, you need to do the following:

1. Click Pages > Edit on the menu.
2. Find the page mice and click the title.
3. Find the Attributes module.
4. Put the number 1 in the text field for Order. This tells WordPress to make this the first page in the list.
5. Click the Update Page button.

Do this again for your other pages, but use higher numbers for your Order field: 2, 3, etc. This will tell WordPress to make these the 2nd and 3rd items in the list.

If you are using the Pages Widget, you will want to edit the widget, click on the Sort By dropdown, and change it to Page Order. Then click the Done button on the widget options box and finally, click the Save Changes button.

Hope that helps.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

ewebmedia
Trust:
Thanks,
That helped a lot. I had to change the page order for every other page too, since they had defaulted to 0. After I did that, it worked fine.

Thanks again,

Bryon
kitche
Trust:
Something else to consider, review one product per blog and your most recent review will always be first. By promoting only one product on your blog, you will not confuse your customer as to which product to choose. Just a thought

To Your Success,
Mark C

This topic was started on May 19, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.