14 Mar 08
20 May 09 1:29 am
Pages are usually arranged alphabetically, but you can rearrange the order pages are displayed in by using the order field.
for ex: Say you have three pages: dogs, cats, mice
That will be the order they should normally appear in. If you wanted mice to appear first, you need to do the following:
1. Click Pages > Edit on the menu.
2. Find the page mice and click the title.
3. Find the Attributes module.
4. Put the number 1 in the text field for Order. This tells WordPress to make this the first page in the list.
5. Click the Update Page button.
Do this again for your other pages, but use higher numbers for your Order field: 2, 3, etc. This will tell WordPress to make these the 2nd and 3rd items in the list.
If you are using the Pages Widget, you will want to edit the widget, click on the Sort By dropdown, and change it to Page Order. Then click the Done button on the widget options box and finally, click the Save Changes button.
Hope that helps.
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.
-- Robert Brault