Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

How do I open my website template in my html editor?

rookieaffi
Trust:

How do I open my website template in my html editor?

Hi,

I have a website template saved in my computer. I tried to open it in my html editor, NVU Komposer by going to File -> Open File and then finding the template file after switching to All Files, but the template opened in a new window outside the html editor. So, what must I do to get the template opened in the html editor.

Thanks, any help greatly appreciated.

Greg
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Can you tell us what the file extension of the "template" file is?

Is it .html, .htm or something else?

Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

rookieaffi
Trust:
Hi Mark,

Thanks for your quick response :)

The file extension is PHP,htm

Thanks, Mark

Greg
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hi Greg,

I don't know if NVU is particularly capable when it comes to php files. I haven't used it all that much so I can't say for sure though. Maybe you could try finding some NVU forums and asking your question there?

If you're having problems opening the .htm files then that's something else entirely. NVU shouldn't have any problems opening those. If you received the template in a zip folder, are you sure that you've extracted the files? (Stupid question, but it's all I can think of.)

I think you should look for an NVU support forum and ask there.

Good luck!
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

rookieaffi
Trust:
Hi Mark,

Thanks for trying your best to help me. The NVU Komposer derived from NVU, supports css and php.

I have also looked into wordpress blogs and I'll start a new thread to ask you about how to optimize the use of both static web sites and wordpress blogs.

Greg