Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

How do I edit my site using WordPress?

dahlgreninc
Trust:

How do I edit my site using WordPress?

What tools are you guys using when editing wordpress?

Can i edit wordpress before i launch the blogg?

is it any free tools you can recommend?

How can i preview the site offline?

Can't afford the affiliate bluebrint at the moment:)
faradina
Trust:
What exactly do you mean by "edit wordpress"? Are you looking to edit the CSS of the theme you are using?
dahlgreninc
Trust:
Yes!

editing droppdown box names etc
faradina
Trust:
ummmm.....still don't understand what you want to do.........
dahlgreninc
Trust:
Lets say im building a new website using Dreamweaver.

In dreamweaver i can, preview my website in IE ( offline ) before i upload it to the webhost.

I can easily change the html code.
Create pages on my website

How can i do this with wordpress.

Do i have to upload everyhting to a webhost before making any changes to the CSS.?

Is it me or am i speaking a language that doesnt exist?:D

PS: im using Wordpress as my website
faradina
Trust:
WordPress works differently from Dreamweaver and other website design software. It is a tool in itself and thus you do not need any special tool to edit WordPress pages. It started out as a blogging tool but has since been used successfully to create fully functional websites. It uses PHP scripting to create dynamic web pages as opposed to static html pages.
How a WordPress-generated website looks depends on the WordPress theme that you use. There are many themes available for free use that you can customize by editing the CSS or you can make your own theme. To edit the CSS of a WordPress theme or to create your own theme, you should have a working knowledge of PHP in addition to html.
For more information about WordPress you can go to http://wordpress.org/about/
To know more about PHP, you can go to http://www.tuxradar.com/practicalphp
What I gave you above is a general description of what WordPress is and if you have further questions about it, ask away and I will do my very best to provide answers.
dahlgreninc
Trust:
Thank you so much for this information. It made it alot easier for me.
jasondodd
Trust:
Just further to this, you cant edit or preview your site using WordPress while offline, however you can create pages and save in draft mode so you can preview them before you make them public ...
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: https://www.affilorama.com/premium

This topic was started on Aug 11, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.