Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Highlighting the current page on the left navigation bar?

cgraynz
Trust:

Highlighting the current page on the left navigation bar?

I have a number of articles on a site that I am putting together on XsitePro.

Does anyone know how to set it up so that the navigation bar link for the article title turns a different colour so you know what page/article you are on?

Cheers.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Hey there,

That's easy. For whatever page the article is.... just highlight that text link or whatever it is and change the color of the text and/or remove the link from it.

Adrian,
cgraynz
Trust:
Hi Adrian,

Thanks for that but I am a bit confused as to what you mean.

The links I am talking about are the ones on the left hand navigation bar and not in the actual article itself.

Is there someway to get this link to change colour when you are on a certain article?

Thanks.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Are you not able to edit the link itself? It doesn't allow you to change the color of the link or anything like that? Can you show us the page you mean?
cgraynz
Trust:
Hi Adrian,

I just went to the 'other' tab and clicked on 'navigation bar' and changed the colour of the left navigation bar listings for my articles.

That is much better now. Would have been good for the website to highlight the current article that someone is viewing.

Just being fussy now I suppose!

Cheers,

Clint

P.S. Site is still a 'Work In Progress' and will be revealed soon.
:D