Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Help with WP Template

joshua
Trust:

Help with WP Template

Hello everyone,

I seem to be having trouble after upgrading my WordPress to the most current. I am getting this error:

WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1]
SELECT cat_id, cat_name FROM

This error appears in the sidebar where the blogroll should be.

I have unistalled and reinstalled but get the same message. I host many many sites, with my reseller account and I have many WP site but never had this problem. Everything is up to date PHP wise. The host tells me its the template but the template did not show this error before I upgraded WP.

If someone knows the solution, I am all ears. Mark any suggestions?
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hi Joshua,

Probably best to do a search over in the Wordpress.org support forums. A lot of people are talking about forgetting to define tables in your wp-settings.php. I don't know if that helps.

Good luck!
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

joshua
Trust:
I have went through the forum and even posted my problem but there support is not so great.
nichefinder
Trust:
Hi Joshua,

Disable all of your plugins and see if you get this error still.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I found the support over at wordpress.org pretty good. Maybe just give it a day or so. As long as you're nice, I don't see any reason why they won't help you. And I doubt you'll find more WP nerds anywhere else.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

joshua
Trust:
Yes I disabled all the plugins. Support over there is not great. I normally have to figure out my own problems. They normally are helpful when the problem is very simple but when it gets sticky they aren't interested.
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
Joshua, try this, do a Googe on your error message:

"You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near" you can even add + forum and you may find the answer on another forum. I can't tell you how many times i found the answer to questions doing that.

Good luck with that!