Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Has anyone done any good with the .WS ext?

joshua
Trust:

Has anyone done any good with the .WS ext?

Has anyone done any good with the .WS ext? I am thinking of creating a couple sites using the ext but wondering if conversions fell or anything?
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
I don't see why you would have a worse conversion with WS. What is your reason for that ext? Can't get the name on a .com?
PremiumMember
tarpon19
Trust:
That is correct, the majority of the really good .com domains are taken but the .ws is fairly new and there are tons of strong domains.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if google gives less credibility to .ws and .info domains.

I'd stick with .com and .net if you have trouble finding a good one, but that's just me.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
I'll be doing a blog post on a similar topic soon. I highly doubt that Google would penalize a domain simply for being .ws. (And I don't think they give bonus points to .coms and .nets). The only downside of having this TLD is that people might look at your URL and think "hmmmm... do I want to click on that?" People are used to seeing .coms. I don't think it makes a lick of difference for your SEO though.

Regards,
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

joshua
Trust:
I didn't think it would have an effect on SEO but maybe the visitors. Like you said Mark, they may be hesitant to click because they are pretty new right now and unfamiliar but man there are some great domain possibilites. Heck I am buying them up anyways. Down the road they should be great!