Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Google Webmasters Tool Verification Code?

crowzy
Trust:

Google Webmasters Tool Verification Code?

Once you verify your site through the Google's Webmasters Tool (by adding their code into your home page's HTML) should that code be removed or it has to stay there for further Google Bot's visits?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
For the sitemap?

I left my page there.
crowzy
Trust:
No, not the sitemap. I think it is just to verify the ownership of the site.

And, BTW how do you submit a sitemap to Google. I mean, I already have a XML site map on my site. Do I submit the same one? And if so, what is the point? Google knows about it.

Thanks
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps

It basically lets you know how Google sees your site, if you have any errors, where you rank, etc...
veters
Trust:
what is a site map?
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Once you verify your site through the Google's Webmasters Tool (by adding their code into your home page's HTML) should that code be removed or it has to stay there for further Google Bot's visits?

Yup, leave it there. If you don't like the idea of leaving the code in your page, they also give you the option for uploading a file with a special name. If you take it out they'll ask you to put it in each time you want to use their webmaster tools, I think.

And, BTW how do you submit a sitemap to Google. I mean, I already have a XML site map on my site. Do I submit the same one? And if so, what is the point? Google knows about it.

https://www.affilorama.com/site-building ... g-sitemaps

what is a site map?

See link above.

:)
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/