Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Go Daddy domain and Hosting

john50
Trust:

Go Daddy domain and Hosting

I have the delux version of hosting with Go Daddy this allows unlimited domain names. Can anyone let me know or point me in the direction of a video/PDF to show me what I actually do so that I can link the domain name that I have selected and bought from Go daddy to my Go Daddy hosting account.

I think I am getting a bit confused with the terminology that is used on the Go daddy site.

As you can see I am new to this I am seriously worried when I get to building a website.

Thanks

John
wollowra
Trust:
Hi John,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSIi88zxmyo

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

john50
Trust:
Thanks Troy for the link to Youtube, unfortunately the videos do not show me what I think I need. I have an existing hosting account with at least 10 other domains one domain is the primary account and the others sit under this. I have purchased a new domain that I want to add to the hosting account but I can not find out if I have set it up correctly.
I have also emailed GoDaddy but you have to wait.

Once again thanks for the reply much appreciated. I will keep you link as there are a number of videos available.

Thanks

John
UK
john50
Trust:
I have received a reply from GoDaddy so if anyone has any problems with doing what I was trying to do then the solution is below.

We do allow multiple websites to be hosted on our Deluxe or Premium hosting,and each website can be separate as long as you setup the hosting account correctly. You can use the below instructions to add a domain name to a Go Daddy Deluxe or Premium hosting account.
First, log into your customer account
• Click on the My Products tab
• Select 'Hosting' from the list of options.
• Click the 'Manage Account' link under the Control panel heading for the hosting account you wish to manage.
• Click the 'Domain Management button, under the 'Settings' heading.
• Select the domain name from the drop-down list and click 'Continue'.
• Specify a path name to keep the files for your websites separate from each other.
• Click 'Submit' to confirm the update.
NOTE: If the new domain names are under a different customer number or with a different company than your
hosting account, you will need to manually update the DNS for the new domain name. Update the 'A Record'
so it points to the IP address of your hosting account. If the hosting account has subdomains, you will need to
manually create an 'A Record' or 'CNAME' for each subdomain.

This topic was started on May 26, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.