Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

first try using note pad

robert welch
Trust:

first try using note pad

having trouble with getting things lined up. how can i show you guys what i have so far?
it's not a lot but trying to get my bearings. Thanks.

PS Hello to everyone.
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
One thing about lining up... It's something that can be tricky, depending on the font. Some fonts are "fixed width" fonts, which means that each letter takes up exactly the same amount of space. Other fonts are not, meaning a letter such as i will take up less space than a letter like W . Things tend to line up very well on the former, but on the latter, things might never line up exactly.

Try using a list, like a ul (or Unordered List) or an ol (or Ordered List) can line up a list of different choices. The former uses bullet points while the latter uses number (Roman or Arabic) or letters to "order" a list.
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

robert welch
Trust:
it is actualy a picture that i am having the trouble with getting where i want it and also how to align text as in a name under or over it. Thanks.
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Robert, if you click on the pic in visual mode, you'll have two icons in the upper left of the image. The one on the left will take you to settings for the image. On the Edit Image tab, immediately under the big box at the top is an option for aligning the image to the left, the right, or center. If you choose either left or right, the text will generally wrap around the image.

Below that will be an option that will add a caption to the image. Fill that out, and your caption should appear with the image.

On the advanced tab you can set some properties such as padding, margin, and border so that the image has a little space around it -- "a little breathing room" as Aletta calls it.

Hope this helps some!

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

This topic was started on Sep 14, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.