Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Downloading my eBook

geniemurray
Trust:

Downloading my eBook

Hi All

Looking for help. I have an ebook which I am going to sell through PayPal (maybe its the same for other forms of payment). Ok I have got as far as my customer clicking the Pay Now Button - so what do I do next. How can I get the screen to go back to a page were my customer can download the ebook after payment. I hope this question makes sense.

Eugene
jpastorizo
Trust:
Eugene,

In the merchant area of your Paypal account there is a place where you create a Pay Now Button. I assume you already know this since you have that button on your site correct? When you create a button you should be asked by Paypal where you want your customer to go to after payment. That is where you will specify your download page.
I hope this helps.

Renato
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

geniemurray
Trust:
Hi Renato

Many thanks for that information.

I have been on to PayPal today and they have explained the setup of loading the PayPal button to my web page. Im just new to all this and I can follow you so far - my next question to you Renato would be do I have to setup up a special download page. At the moment I have the pdf file all done and set to go - do I have to place this file somewhere special - on a server or somewhere.

Many thanks
Eugene
jpastorizo
Trust:
Eugene,

you do need to have a download page to make it look more professional. If not then you can just put in paypal a url address for your pdf file. Something like http://www.yoursite.com/download/report.pdf

Yes you do need to have that hosted in your own server. I will give you an example later when I get back at home.

Renato

geniemurray
Trust:
Hi Renato

Thank you for your prompt reply and for the useful information you are sending me - very much appreciated.

I know this is one of those things that once I have do it once then its just a matter of copying for future ebooks. I look forward to receiving further information from you.

Its 22.10 here so I not sure if i receive your message later this evening for me to rep;y to - but will off course be in touch.

Many thanks again
Eugene
jpastorizo
Trust:
Eugene where are you located?

Renato

geniemurray
Trust:
Hi Renato

Im in sunny Belfast in the North of Ireland were at this time of year actually doesnt get dark now for about 6 weeks

Eugene
jpastorizo
Trust:
Oh wow! So you're in Europe. I am here in South California, US but I am originally from the Philippines.

Eugene, I have noticed that there are a lot of newbies who come here in this forum for help. I was a newbie once (I guess I still am, until I start to make money. LOL) and a lot of people actually helped me. So, I have a plan to create a simple website where I will be creating content to help newbies. This is not to compete in anyway with the people helping others here in this forum, but rather as an additional free resource. This project is two-fold. I will be able to document everything I have learned in the past 12 months and I will be able to return the favor by helping the current newbies learn as well. That of course will be limited since I only know a few things about affiliate marketing, but there is always room for improvement and I hope to keep growing the site by documenting what I learn everyday, whether through a video, powerpoint preso or pdf report.

Will keep you posted on this because I am now ready to learn how to use camtasia and jing.

Renato

geniemurray
Trust:
Hi Renato

Yeap - its fun being a newbie at all this - I enjoy learning this stuff and thanks for your help in the Paypal issue I am trying to sort. Good luck with your future plans.

Its off to bed now and will be back on this issue later today and will let you know the outcome is - I def going to get it all sorted one way or other.

Eugene

This topic was started on Jun 29, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.