Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Domain Hosting - nameservers and FTP details?

watchdog
Trust:

Domain Hosting - nameservers and FTP details?

I'm ready to get my first website up and running. Who knows what the nameservers to use for Affilorama hosting? Where do I go to put my website up?
Last edited by michellerana on 02 Dec 09 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

Site Admin
simonslade
Trust:
ns1.affilohost.com and ns2.affilohost.com (add these to where your domain is registered)

You can upload your website direct through the hosting page or (most common) using an ftp client such as Filezilla (free to download)

Hope it helps :)
Add us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

PremiumMember
daveracer
Trust:
simon,my webstore,DAVESONLINEEMPORIUM.com has disappeared,iwanted to transfer to affilorama,how would i make sure payment is stopped to freewebstore,as i am now signed up to premium.
daveracer
watchdog
Trust:
I have been trying Filezilla, but it tells me, "Could not connect to server".
What's wrong? In the Host box, I have tried putting my domain name and ftp.domain.com. Neither works.
PremiumMember
cmazula
Trust:
Hello,
New to this, but excited. I have one question. I have watched the videos for the web hosting on Affilorama. The video did talk about filezilla so I think wordpress is supported. Does this web hosting support other web design programs like xsitepro for example.

Thanks
watchdog
Trust:
Simon,
Filezilla is not working STILL! I tried to figure out what hosting page is so I could send it "direct through the hosting page", but I couldn't find it. I might be a little dense but I need help.
wollowra
Trust:
cmazula wrote:Hello,
New to this, but excited. I have one question. I have watched the videos for the web hosting on Affilorama. The video did talk about filezilla so I think wordpress is supported. Does this web hosting support other web design programs like xsitepro for example.

Thanks

Hi CM,
Yes it does.
It does not matter what webbuilder you use as long as it is ready to be uploaded to a host and displays correctly.
Affilorama hosting is no different to hostgator as it functions the same.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

wollowra
Trust:
watchdog wrote:Simon,
Filezilla is not working STILL! I tried to figure out what hosting page is so I could send it "direct through the hosting page", but I couldn't find it. I might be a little dense but I need help.

Hi Watchdog,
I am not sure what is going on there..
Maybe emails support [email protected]
They usually respond within 24 hours weekdays.
If anyone else here has an idea, please speak up.
Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
mylord
Trust:
i am a newbie i've a premium member i 'm really behind,I've been on this site for all most 2 wks question how or maybe I'm not clear i need help in connecting to or from my dom. acct# namecheap to clk to affiliorama hosting i know the instruction video used another dom. name for example but it is a little different on this name cheap i need to slow it down and take it one step at a time i 'm getting a lot of information overload maybe i am already connected i'm not sure. one question what 's the difference joining the basic affiliorama[free] than joining the premium what's the advantage mostly...I would appreciate your assistance.thank you.......john sykes
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Welcome John,
It would be best to start a new topic if you want to ask questions on different subjects.
That way, they are in separate areas and easier to find for new members as well.

If you are having trouble with the namecheap, then you can email them and ask them to help you out or a member here who is familiar with namecheap may help you, but try to email namecheap first.
As for the free vs paid.. you can read this post here..
post29045.html#p29045

again, welcome to Affilorama.

Kindest Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

This topic was started on Dec 02, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.