Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Dancing pages in XsitePro2

bama42
Trust:

Dancing pages in XsitePro2

When trying to make two separate pages in Xsitepro they dance around as you click back and fourth between the two. For example if I have page1 and I click on page2 there is a slight movement between the postioning of the elements on both pages. Also I cannot get the settings for the left border on one page to take for the second page, lol. Anybody know how I can fix this?
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Heya bama,

Without taking a look at it, it's really hard to tell. Are you able to upload the pages somewhere so we can take a look at it? If you'd rather not broadcast it to the world, you can PM it to me. I'm good at fixing this stuff.

Have you checked that they're not "dancing" because you've got different amounts of content on the pages, and one page has a scrollbar when the other one doesn't? I've been fooled by that one before ;)

And I guess that the settings for the border have been created "inline" (ie, on the actual page, not in your external stylesheet) so they'll only apply to that page. You need to create a "class" and give that to the element (in all pages), then specify the rules for that "class" in your external stylesheet.
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

PremiumMember
jsnomamalin
Trust:
aletta is right.. the contents of your pages has a big impact. the contents of the 1st page might be longer compare to the 2nd one so the scrollbar on the right side of the browser appears, that's why your page seems like dancing around. For the borders, if you want them to be uniform make a class on your external style sheet (css) give that class a name (ex: .left_border) then the attributes, after encode it to the same exact containers of your content. i think that'll do the trick. If it doesn't you can upload your site so that we can check it and help you out :)
bama42
Trust:
thanks guys, i will check that out, sorry for the late reply I have had to write all of my articles myself :P
bama42
Trust:
Thanks everyone,

You were right Aletta it was an issue with content within the webpages. I tested by copying the same information over to the second page from the first and the jumping ceased. Also thank you jsnomamalin for taking the time to answer as well. Now I just gotta get traffic to this thing :P

Bama