Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

creating my website

kripkegirl
Trust:

creating my website

I want to enter the tattoo niche. Is it better to create a centralized site and then create smaller targeted sites linking back to the centralized site? Using the tattoo niche as an example, I make the centralized site an overview of tattoos and then create satellite sites targeting specific types of tattoos that link back to the centralized site, Or is it better to create singular targeted sites and forget about the centralized site? I'm just thinking if you want to become an athority site, that maybe that would be a good foundation for doing that?
leuryp
Trust:
I find it is much better and easier to make one main site , than to make one and then make few other ones to target the main one. You would have to be updating like 3-5 sites at a time .

I would prefer to focus on one site and dedicate it my full time dedication and efforts on it. Then when that site is making you money consistently move on to another site and repeat the same steps as the first site.

Hope that answers your question.
kripkegirl
Trust:
I realize I can only do one site at a time, I just wondered if the centralized site and smaller targeted sites would make it easier to make my site an athority site in the long run.
kripkegirl
Trust:
maybe I'm wording it wrong. The way I'm visualizing it is a central site or maybe just a centralized page that deals with tattoos in general and then seperate sites, or maybe just seperate pages that deal with specific types of tattoos: dolphin tattoos, dragon tattoos, fairy tattoos, etc. Is that the best way to create a foundation for an athority site on tattoos?
lilygreen289
Trust:
Hello
I'm a french developper and I have a problem in your theme.
I should want to know if your theme is compatible with menu and sub-menu for pages and category.
I created 3 pages menu and 3 of them have sub-menu. But when I put my mouse on them, I never see the sub-menu.
You can see that here : http://iplaytheme.com/
Under Association, there are 3 other pages. But it is not possible to see them.
Have you a solution for me?
Excuse me for my bad english, I hope that you understand me.
Gretaings.
Hi,this is my site: http://iplaytheme.com/
There are many free wordpress themes for you download!
Thank you for visiting~

leuryp
Trust:
kripkegirl wrote:maybe I'm wording it wrong. The way I'm visualizing it is a central site or maybe just a centralized page that deals with tattoos in general and then seperate sites, or maybe just seperate pages that deal with specific types of tattoos: dolphin tattoos, dragon tattoos, fairy tattoos, etc. Is that the best way to create a foundation for an athority site on tattoos?

I completely understand your question. I apologize for the way I worded my response to your question. The best way to create an authority site is by getting good backlinks from sites that are already established and that are relevant to your niche.

By making brand new sites , that have no authority whatsoever to point at your main site will do pretty much nothing for you. Might also cause some problems , since I imagine you would host all of them under same server and will have them link back to your other site. Don't quote me but I think Google does not take kind to that at all.IF they all have different IP, then it's a different story.

The best way for you to create an authority site is by putting good quality content on your website , getting backlinks for established websites already related to your niche , and having patience with the slow process.

I hope I explained myself better and I made it more clearer than before. If you have any questions of anything I have said in this post that you want me to elaborate more on , let me know and I will gladly will reply back.
sales5
Trust:
As leury said, if you're new in the field, you're not going to get noticed better by creating a lot of sites who in fact all talk about the same thing: tattoos (and - I suppose - the art of tattooing). I would even guess it's the opposite.

If you have the index of your site serving for what you would call "centralized site" and a navigation or search pointing to pages dedicated to specific types of tattoos, you have it all in one.
You could eventualy at a later stage add the specific pages as subdomains using relevant domain names.

If you have the time to update regularly, you can add a blog to post about the subject and use that to link to authority sites too, as a free service to your visitors. Will get you being noticed by other bloggers in your niche and "likes" on facebook etc... And don't underestimate the reader's comments you can get at a blog. There's a lot to learn from good and bad comments, both.
http://www.tarsales.com
Sticky Site for Sticking Products.

This topic was started on Jun 05, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.