Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Cloaking software for URL's in an ebook or newsletter?

PremiumMember
tennisace
Trust:

Cloaking software for URL's in an ebook or newsletter?

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to find out a good way to cloak URL's in an eBook or newsletter.
I have software to cloak my URL's on my blogs, but what about ebooks?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
Kerry
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
What kind of cloaking are you talking about? I do not recommend cloaking if you are doing SEO. That's blackhat.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Are you just talking about ways to make it look like yourdomain.com?

I highly recommend you do this in ebooks not just so they look better, but also so you can change the link if it ever needs to be changed.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
tennisace
Trust:
adrian wrote:What kind of cloaking are you talking about? I do not recommend cloaking if you are doing SEO. That's blackhat.

Hey Adrian,

What I had in mind was, creating an ebook with afflilate links in the back of the book. So after people would read the book, if they wanted more info or recommendations, they can click on those aff links in the back. I wanted to cloak those aff links in the ebook. Does that make any sense?

Cheers!
Kerry
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hi Kerry,

Why not just have the links point to a page on your website that redirects to the merchant page through your affiliate link? For instance, www.tennisace.com/recommends/thisproduct/

The links look tidy, and you can change them later if you like.

All the best,
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
See the thread on PHP redirects... i wrote it all there :)