Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Blogging with XSite Pro - Could it work?

PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:

Blogging with XSite Pro - Could it work?

I just had what may be a dumb question,but could you just post a new entry on a page in xsite pro everyfew days and call it a blog?Just have a page called my blog and publish it after posting to it? and not have to have separate sofware for it? It seems to simple to be true.What do you think? What am I missing?
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
lol - I've wondered the same thing revimp :) I really don't know that answer but I do know that posting to a Wordpress blog is definitly easier that updating a website site and managing links.

PC
PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:
well I have my first site now with xsite pro and updating it or "publishing" it as many times a day as I want could not be more simple.so it seems very plausible to just post a "blog" on a page of the same name and there you go.I guess maybe it would not be "CRAWLED" AS OFTEN AS A BLOG IS THAT THE IDEA?.Anyone else have an idea on this?
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
In one word.........yes. A blog doesn't have to be thorugh wordpress or blogger. However, can you code it so that users can leave feedback and comment on it......?
alvintan
Trust:
You'll be missing out a lot if you take that route, IMHO.

Blogs are setup such that they have comments, etc (like what Adrian said), but also RSS, Trackback, etc which are all 'standard' technologies which you can leverage on when you use Ping-O-Matic and other Social Bookmarking sites.

Try Wordpress, the install takes all of 2minutes!
PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:
thanks.I am learning so much everday with all of you folks here!
superaff
Trust:
Yes, a blog is spidered more often by the searh engines, and I get on the first page of Google for a lot of my chosen keywords.

So definitively chose a blog.

Wordpress platform is better, because with blogger your blog can be shutted down..
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html