Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Blog from Affilormama Hosting account

moon6446
Trust:

Blog from Affilormama Hosting account

Hi,

How do I put the blog from the affilorama hosting account on my website.
I get this answer from the support desk, but i'm not getting it :?

First, log into your customer account:

. Go to our homepage.
. Select 'My Account' from the top of the page.
. Log in using your account username (which may be the same as your customer number) and password.

If you have trouble logging in, our Account Retrieval System may help you. You can use this to retrieve your customer number and/or reset your customer account password. You can find this system by selecting 'Click Here' next to 'Forgot Your Password?' on the 'My Account' login page.

Once logged in just follow these steps:

. Select 'Manage Domains' from the 'Domain Names' menu at the top of the page.
. Check the box next to the domain you wish to work with.
. Click the '+' next to 'Total DNS Control' from the menu. This option will only be available for domains Parked or Hosted on our servers.
. Click the 'Total DNS Control And MX Records' link.
. Click the 'Launch Total DNS Control Manager' link.
. Enter the IP address for the '@' Zone Record Value and click 'Save'.

Please allow 1 hour for the Zone File to be updated with this new information. Your domain will then physically point to the IP address entered

Cheer Simone
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hey Simone,

Sounds like they're telling you how to play with your DNS, not set up a blog. Weird.

Try this:

http://help.securepaynet.net/search.php?topic_id=58&prog_id=376571&q=blog&x=0&y=0

That's a whole bunch of FAQs for setting up a blog using their tools. You might also look into using WordPress on your site instead.

Let us know how you get on,
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

moon6446
Trust:
Hi Mark,

Thanks, I will try Wordpress then, sean also gave me that advise, so I will see if I can figure it out :lol:

Well my site is online, i'm now busy with improving my search engine performance.
So' i'm still busy for a while, but I'm learning a lot and enjoy it also a lot :P

Cheers Simone
Ps. this is my site: www.vinowineonline.com :)
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Hi Simone,

Nice effort into your site. Your coming along :) One big suggestion though... you need to change the color of your text... it is very hard to read red font on a red background. :D
moon6446
Trust:
Hi Adrian,

Well thanks for the tip, i have changed the color and I think it looks better now :lol: still have to do some pages, but i will do that this weekend.
I'm also starting to dabble :lol: with wordpress! and search engine optimisation

Thanks again and if you have more tips, please tell I still have a LOT to learn!

cheers Simone