Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Banners not showing on certain computers

tcoco_architect
Trust:

Banners not showing on certain computers

Hello,
My banners are showing up fine on all of the notebook computers I tested but when I went to use a desktop at the Library some were invisible and others showed as a white rectangle with no content. Does anyone know what could be causing this or how to fix it. My site is www.yourgreenflooring.com
Thank you
PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
I don't see any banners on my desktop Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium, in MSIE, Firefox or Chrome. Also no labels or button text on your search box.

Here are a couple of ideas...

It way be an issue with your theme. You could ask the theme provider.

It may be a mistake in your image insertion code. Try this:
1. Create a (private) test page.
2. Insert 2 or 3 of your problem banners into it and make sure they show. Don't upload them again - get them from your "Media Library'..
3. Go into HTML view in your page editor and inspect the picture code.
4. Check the code in your sidebar to make sure it's the same. Notice that each image has a special path and number.

You could even try copying and pasting the code from the test page into the sidebar.

Hope this helps...
tcoco_architect
Trust:
Hi,
When you say you don't see any images did you check pages or posts other than the home page because I did not put them on the home page?

I'll try what you recommended but I'm not sure how to create a test page
PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
Sorry, I did only look at your home page. I now see 2 banners on your other pages (Home Depot and Sears), in all 3 browsers.

By a test page, I just mean create a page like any other, but be sure to set it to be "Private" (look in the upper left of the edit page) - so that visitors won't see your tests.
tcoco_architect
Trust:
Thanks I did not notice that option before

This topic was started on Mar 23, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.