Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Affilorama hosting

idleme125
Trust:

Affilorama hosting

I cant upload a whole folder, it has to be file by file! Also, I tried to copy my files to the public-html folder but it wouldnt do it, "retype the folder name" message? Please remind me why I am paying $47 a month again. There are no more guru type interviews, I already saw them all, we have tons of website templates that are to be used with Adobe but the bootcamp site is based on WP which is the ONE being used now by most people. I was impressed when I joined but the thrill is starting to get stale....
tangoshoes
Trust:
I, unfortunately, would have to agree. I stayed a member for 2 months to see the blog boot camp. After that I couldn't see why I should continue my membership. I did end up buying Affilobluepint I thought I would be getting a free month of membership with that so I would have continued it for that month but apparently you can't take advantage of that offer if you did the $1 trial of affilorama premium. I found my money better used by purchasing traffic travis premium. I was also slightly disappointed to find that the blog bootcamp was a LOT like the blueprint. There is value in it though and I am not unhappy with the money I have spent. I love the community here and I have taken advantage of the free tools/videos as well. I just can't see paying for anything else at the moment.

I would never want to under estimate the power of affilorama or it's services but I do think that comments like this could be used to improve their membership offers.

Also I have always had a godaddy hosting account so I never used the hosting. My account there is $6.99/mo and I have yet to max anything on it. I own prolly 10 or so domains which are hosted on the same account.

Amanda
Free AMA alternative:
http://www.freetrafficsystem.com/a.php?p=15706
Outsourcing for $200/mo 40hr/week:
http://store.replacemyself.com/?aid=3884

carlmasure
Trust:
Whoa,

Hold up Idle. Please indulge me while I give you a bit of my perspective.

Your monthly fee is for access to the boot camp, tools,other lessons, etc. The hosting is a bonus. I think I've learned something new everyday since I've been here from one of these sources, which is a lot in my opinion because I did not even know about affiliate marketing until about 6 months ago. If you've tapped out all the resources here, that's outstanding. You might want to check out the hosting TOS just to see how much Affilorama is responsible for.

Anyway, I've looked at several affiliate training sites and this place is one of the best. Of course, you could shop around and maybe hook up with the guy who drinks a beer out of a plastic cup while telling you how he became a millionaire running 3-page tattoo websites from his modest street corner house in California. The business is full of charlatans. I digress.

There is money to be made in this business. There is online evidence of it. International conferences prove it. Clickbank Analytics prove it. Do a search for Rosalind Gardner. This woman made a fortune off a dating website. I think I recall that an amazingly small minority of affiliates make up the overwhelming majority of commissions. Why? Drive.

I've been at this seriously since Christmas even though I work more than full time at a bricks and mortar job. I started a website. I made around $200 over the course of 6 weeks.

It has not been easy.

You can imagine what it might be like to receive a cease and desist letter from a major corporation demanding that I shut down my increasingly profitable site because of alleged trademark infringement, or suffer the consequences in U.S. federal court. I built another site. And then another. And then another. Things have moved slowly.

I absolutely insist on being successful at this. I refuse to fail.

You need to make your decisions from a business perspective, not frustration. If you make a business decision that you are not receiving value equivalent to the cost, then cancel. Recognize however that you must find an alternative teaching source to help you get to the point where you can snatch the grain of rice out of Mark Ling's hand, grasshopper.

If you are just frustrated, get over it, solve the problem, and move forward. Just my opinion.

Best,
Carl
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Appreciate the feedback, guys. Both good and bad.

I'll pass it on to interested parties.

Like Carl said, the hosting is kind of just there as a bonus. If you're not using the Premium-only tools or hanging out for the interviews, then by all means, save your money -- grab yourself a Hostgator or GoDaddy hosting account instead.

We won't take it personally :)

P.S: To upload lots of files you should probably use an FTP program like FileZilla. I just encountered that problem myself.
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

tangoshoes
Trust:
I <3 Aletta not only is she witty she has a good head for customer service!
Free AMA alternative:
http://www.freetrafficsystem.com/a.php?p=15706
Outsourcing for $200/mo 40hr/week:
http://store.replacemyself.com/?aid=3884

shiva-yogi
Trust:
All these niche IM Gurus aren't really trying to help anyone but themselves.

Now that being said..... I happen to belong to a community where I can get any IM program for free, but I decided to join this community because Mark had alot to offer and I liked his style.

I have looked through many IM communities and this one is BY FAR the best! He gives you a ton of free stuff(I mean, its no skin off his back to give this stuff away cause he's making out on the monthly or affilo-program revenue), but for any beginer this is the place to be.

This topic was started on Mar 17, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.