Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

500 Internal Server Error HELP!

redritz
Trust:

500 Internal Server Error HELP!

Hi,

I left for work yesterday morning and everything was fine. I came home last night and tried to log into dashboard and got this message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache mod_fcgid/2.3.5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at theendoffat.com Port 80

I've waited until this morning, the next day, to see if it would have cleared up but it is still the same. Please help.

Thank You,
Red
jhlbrk
Trust:
I just got the same error. Can't view my page. Can't login to my admin page.
jhlbrk
Trust:
I just got a note from my webhost here:

"You had incorrect rules in .htaccess file. I pasted the correct rules there."

I don't know what this means but I do know that my site is now working.

Maybe contact your web host.

Jay
redritz
Trust:
Hi Jay,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have no idea what is wrong but did send an email to hostgator and am waiting a response. I hope it doesn't take much know how on my part since I don't know much about this sort of thing.

Red
redritz
Trust:
UPDATE! I do not know what the problem was but I was able to log into my website this evening when I got home from work. I am thinking that Hostgator read my ticket and solved the problem on their end. Whatever the problem, a big THANK YOU is in order.

Red
faradina
Trust:
I am glad that your sites are now both working. Although 500 internal server errors are one of the most common errors that we encounter, these can be the hardest to resolve because in such cases the server is not able to be more specific as to what has gone wrong with itself. The main thing to do when you get such an error message is to get in touch with your hosting service right away as this is a server-side issue.
redritz
Trust:
Thank you Faradina. I was actually embarrassed to not know if I had a website or a blog or what. But I figured since I had paid money and linked Hostgator, that they would hopefully have some answers. I am just following along with the lessons and when something goes wrong or haywire, I get so upset and afraid and confused. But I am still dedicated to making this work for me. Someday I truely hope to find that I have made a sale down the line. Marks product is the best that I have paid money for and I would give him a excellent review if he ever needed one.

Red

This topic was started on Oct 29, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.